Booking Via Ttr Website Vs Travel Site Booking - Your Experiences?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by tflexxin, Oct 14, 2020.

1. tflexxin

tflexxin Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +998 / 0
    I have booked multiple ways over the years, however this year I have found the very best package pricing directly through the TTR website. I actually cancelled my entire package, originally booked through Expedia, and rebooked via the TTR website as the pricing was excellent, flight choices were the ones I wanted, and gave me a direct line to request the room blocks I wanted.
    Here's a few rankings over the years (I usually book 4-5 months out, with a package air/hotel deal)
    Worst pricing - Apple vacations
    Most disorganized/issues - Apple vacations
    Best price - Tie, TTR/Expedia

I've also used a members referral twice.

People are always interested in finding the best deals, anyone else care to share their booking experiences/hints/best deals?

BTW, ALWAYS check Steve's pinned post on current deals/codes from TTR!

2. Deleted member 47530

Deleted member 47530 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've used CheapCaribbean.com in the past and they have always had good pricing but they have limited rooms available from the resort. I've compared prices with the Temptation website and they are very comparable. I had to cancel a trip back in May so I have a credit with them but my next booking; after using my credit, will be through the Temptation website if comparable.

3. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    I have booked with Expedia and CheapCaribbean.com. Booked with the resort also. Prices are always really close. I prefer using someone that can bundle everything together Air and the stay. But thats just us. This year we booked for Feb 2021 and I have seen the rates steady through multiple sites. Paid $350 per night PP for the Tower.... that was with RT air from Detroit MI. You can go a lot cheaper if your not a tower whore like my wife.... LOL she will not stay in any other room. She like the amenities in the tower.

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    We have used Orbitz, Expedia, Funjet, and a referral. First couple of trips Orbitz was always cheaper. Last couple we have found better deals on the other two sites. The one year that we did the referral, it was because we had to cancel our trip the previous year. When we cancelled we got our hotel money back, and only a credit voucher for the flight. We then couldn't use the credit voucher for a flight. So, we had to do a referral to bring the price down a bit.

Never really have looked at just using the hotel website very closely. Seems like I had a little, and it was always more.

Our referral worked out great. We had no interest in buying in, and did NOT want to go to the sales pitch. Someone they messed up our check in, and in resulted in taking about four hours to get our room. I don't remember the exact details, but the gave us wrist bands, but it was like they didn't have us in the system correctly. In the confusion, they never even contacted us about the referral. The people we got the referral from were there, and we told them about it, a couple of days later. We never had to go, and they got their money. It worked out great.

5. mojo

mojo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    upon second and third online crawling trying to find a better deal on a Jacuzzi room, I found that best price to book directly with TTR using the promo code, but I still booked through Booking .com for the no payment free cancellation policy.
    Booking directly with TTR requires a one night payment upfront, and I'm not sure about the cancellation policy, I emailed them but didn't get a reply, that was an enough sign for me that if plans changed in the future it will not be easy communication with the resort , so I choose to book a couple hundreds more expensive for the peace of mind

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice