Booking Through Referral Questions.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Antbar701, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Antbar701

Antbar701 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    This will be my second trip , I booked through a referral it is my understanding that i will have to sit through a sales pitch. I will arrive early in Cancun prob have about 3 or 4 hours before check in. Is it possible to just get it over with while I'm waiting for my room to be ready. I refused the sales pitch on my first trip. As i told them i had 0 interest in buying anything. I would just like to get this out of the way as soon as possible. any pointers tips or advice to make this as painless as possible would be great.. Thanks in advance.

2. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    Your room will not be ready but they will check you in at anytime! Someone is always working the desk. If premier isn’t open they’ll check you in at the front desk. Ask when you are checking in if they have availability to have someone meet you that day. I can’t imagine they’d say no!

3. lostlucy

lostlucy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    So we booked through a referal too, do we really have to go to a sales pitch meeting?! Ugh. I just want to party haha

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yes you are supposed to go to the sales pitch if you booked through a referral. Some members have a limited number of Referrals. And if you use someone's, and then don't attend, they lose out.

5. BrianandAlicia

BrianandAlicia Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +615 / 0
    Yes you are required to attend one as it gives the person who you got the referral off of a cash kick back, usually $100.00. The last 5 trips we've done were through a referral and we have yet to attend a time share sales pitch. The people we got the Referrals from know that most people don't want to attend the pitch, so they give us the option of paying an extra $100.00 up front or partaking in the pitch. This way they aren't out that money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    The referral payment if you are a Desire member is $250... so...

The only issue with asking to go do J"the talk" right when you get there is that, depending on when you arrive, the premier office may be shutting down. For some reason, they "think" that the best time to get people signed up is early in the day. It's not, but whatever. To make sure you get it over with, when you arrive and check in,. ask about it and make the appointment for the next morning. Done.

7. lostlucy

lostlucy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Does it take about an hour? Or how long? And is there a lot of pressure?!?

8. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Our "meeting" was about 90 minutes. It began very cordially, friendly, easy-going with the first salesman. Then we went upstairs to the lounge area (many tables & chairs, each with a sales team and potential members -it's quite busy and very loud) and were joined by the 2nd salesman, a "manager" He was very high-pressure, very aggressive. When we turned him down (nicely) he became belligerent, nasty, condescending and threatening. He called me a liar to my face, and didn't take it back when I showed him proof I wasn't lying. He shouted at us, insulted us "Oh you just came here for the perks, you didn't want to buy at all! You just want the best of both worlds!" like what we were doing was a bad thing! I said, "isn't that the POINT of the referral, to enjoy the perks and see what it's like?!" He kept asking us our room number and by the 3rd or 4th time, I was very worried he was plotting to do something bad to us (send a goon? Plant drugs?) We were terrified the whole time and could not wait to leave that "meeting" (more like a beating)

When we got back home, I sent formal complaints to Premier, Original Resorts and the member whose referral I used. We are loyal guests, and have been to TTR about 12 times total. I didn't get more than a cursory apology but I didn't expect much more. Hopefully your sales "meeting" will be better than ours.

9. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Wow $100 is a bargain - I'd totally pay that to enjoy 90 extra minutes of my vacation.

On a side note, once my husband bribed the sales guy $20 and he was like, 'Yep, OK we're done. I'll put it in the system that you're signed out"

10. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Seems like there are two sales pitches from those we have talked to. Those that go on Referrals tend to get the high pressure a-hole treatment (captive audience). Those that volunteer to go get treated much better. We are actually interested, but hate sales pitches.
    We’re headed to DRM in a couple weeks. I already have my hackles up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice