Booking excursions/tours online vs on-site?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by aphrodisiac, Jun 9, 2015.

1. aphrodisiac

aphrodisiac Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    We're planning on doing an ATV & zipline excursion during our stay. We're not sure whether to book in advance (we like the options that are linked via the Cancun Care website) or wait until we're down there. In the past we've always booked tours on-site at our resort. We like having a 'representative' there, so to speak, in case something goes wrong. But if we wait to book down at the resort I feel like we're taking our chances in regards to tour availability and price.

Are there tour vendors at Temptations, or within walking distance?

Has anyone ever booked a tour in advance over the internet and did it work out okay? How does the tour operator get in touch if something changes (like cancellation due to weather)?

Thanks in advance!

2. blh902

blh902 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0
    We booked a tour last year through here (Cancuncare) and had no problems at all.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Never booked anything in advance, because I never know what do I am going to do what. I do not believe anything is in walking distance, but the bus is super easy to grab for a $1 one direction or the other. Many of the excursions include to and from transportation though.

I believe the Xplor adventure pack is where people to the ATV and ZIP line stuff together. That might be the best if you are trying to do both in one excursion. I have done a Zip line before that was combined with snorkeling in a cave, and repelling. That was in the jungle though and would be like 1.5 hours from TTR. You might be better off with the Xplor place that is right there. Next trip I think I am going to go there.

4. DavidnJessica

DavidnJessica Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    There is an excursion desk where you check out your red beach towels at the resort. I'm not sure what they have to offer but I know that there are always people up there looking at the book full of different stuff to do. Also, when you land in Cancun at the airport you have to walk by several people trying to sell excursions (that can be a little over whelming).

5. HeatherMac7

HeatherMac7 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked the Deep Sea Fishing Tour we were told the El Embarcadero dock that they leave from is within walking distance?? Can someone verify that

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Hmmm if I am thinking of the correct one (has the yellow and blue ferry boats), I guess you could say it is in walking distance. Maybe like 20 minutes. However, you can just get on the bus out front for $1 and be there in 5 minutes. It is a strait shot down the road and you never wait more then 5 minutes for a bus.

7. HereComesTrouble

HereComesTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    We've booked both online and on-site. Both worked out fine. It just depends on what you are looking for. Online was a better deal, but we enjoyed ourselves more when we booked on-site because we were able to get a group together to go with us.

8. candjwv

candjwv Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I almost pre-booked some excursions before our first trip to Desire, but I'm glad I didn't. Once we got to the resort, there wasn't anything that was going to get us to leave. I really underestimated the amount of fun to be had on site. I assume TTR will be very similar.

Also, we realized that it was a sort of reverse-gamble with the weather. If it's raining and crappy, that would make a good excuse to leave the pool and go for a jungle tour. I'd hate to book a tour months in advance, just to realize that we're locked into going off site on a day that might turn out to be the best weather of the trip. To us, the extra $20 was worth the flexibility of deciding on the spot. That's why they give a discount - so you're locked in, and won't back out even if you decide you'd rather do something else.

9. HeatherMac7

HeatherMac7 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

thanks I know the hubs will be leary about getting on the bus but since he will have his buddy with him maybe it wont be so bad

10. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    The bus is fine, not a problem. I agree, don't plan too much in advance. You might not want to leave that day. I would wait and if the price is too much at the resort for your day tour, there are other places nearby to book. You can always spend a few dollars and use their computer to find what you are looking for. Don't fret the small stuff, just relax and enjoy vacation. Good luck and have fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice