Biggest Changes Since Remodeling

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by gns, Feb 24, 2019.

1. gns

gns Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    I haven’t been to TTR since the remodeling. Is it still the same great party hotel and/ or what are the biggest changes? I’m taking my girlfriend, which will be her first time there. I just hope it’s the same party hotel it used to be, because I’ve really built it up to her of what a blast it is...

2. MNnice

MNnice Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +375 / 0
    The pool is a lot bigger, which is good and bad.

Bash is a lot bigger and louder, which is good and bad.

Restaurants are improved, which is good.

People are the same, which is all that matters.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  3. bosfuncpl

bosfuncpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Elevated dance floor is terrible. Been there a few times since Renovated.

4. tease

tease Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 2
    The party is still awsome the slippery floors suck and yes raised dance floor isnt the best, great for looking upskirts but bad that no railing easy for people to miss step and fall....

(.Y.)

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    I think the biggest change other than the physical remodel/renovation of which you can search and read about at nauseam, is the targeted demographic (people).
    It appears to me to be a younger and younger crowd.
    Many many first timers for sure which is the target of the “timeshare” or member target...more buy in or cash from more new people...and now at much higher prices.
    Many more in their 20’s then before.
    Was a much smaller presence with minimal representation (note I did not state zero).
    And 30’s too but they were always there.
    40’s, 50’s, and 60’s still strong representation.

Due to the reno the place appears to me to be less handicap or “ederly” friendly too.
    I use ederly in quotes as it is relative to age.

So I believe the renovation has and continues to meet the owners’ goals and targets.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    I would agree that the place is a "younger" crowd, but I do not feel it is a "young" crowd. Before, I would say it was 30s on up, now it's more mid 20s on up. But, I did feel that there were less of the "elderly" that fake news is referring to - and we love partying with people older than us! So... that is what it is.

Other than that, I would say the sky bar is AMAZING! And the hot tub was a GREAT add! I'm not a super fan of the size (or depth) of the sexy pool, but it's still basically the same shenanigans. Bash is very similar to Patio's IMO. But, the restaurants are MUCH better I think. Sea flirt is great!

There is definitely more of that "upscale lifestyle" type feel. But depending on when you go, I don't know if that's as big of a factor.

7. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    I think the resort is beautiful with its remodel.....I don't mind the raised dance floor.....My only issue is that the pool is too deep (boobies are under water)!! The service and party people are the same.

XOXOXOX
    Dawn

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  8. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    I think the age of the crowd depends on the time of year also. Over halloween last year it was definitely the traditional TTR crowd all the way, with the same pre-renovation feel. We've visited 3 times since the renovation and most of the younger, first time guests have fit in well, with only a couple instances of people who were still a little cliquey and not getting the "nobody gives a shit", non-judgmental vibe. If they chill out a little bit and realize it's not a contest to be the loudest or prettiest at the the pool they'll fit right in. Just as before the renovation, some learn that on their first day and become lifers, and some never do, presumably to move on to other resorts next time.

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    And they leave and go to Breathless... Or to Vegas. *shrug* Everyone's got a different idea of what "fun," is.

Sexy Pool is massively bigger... it ate the sports pool and the land betwee the two. All one huge din of debauchery now.

Service at the new swim-up bar isn't as good as it used to be, since the damn thing has about ten times more acreage! Luxury problem, unless you really can't get a drink refil.

Members VIP Deck & Bar is EXACTLY the same, which actually miffs me a bit. You spent ten$ of million$ of buck$ to renovate the place and nobody thought to give the bar a make-over? The bar top is cracking and falling off. Still the best bar in the entire resort, best bartenders for certain.

Restaurant scene massively better, with reservations only for the 3-hour painful demonstration that is She. We skip it, and hit Sutra (Asian) or Romanza (Italian) on alternating nights, just stroll in with no wait at all most nights at about 9:00 p.m.

Bash ain't Patyo's, though if you squint your eyes up, get a few shots in you, and eyeball your date in her barely-there outfit, you can make it "feel" like Patyo's. While roofless, Patyo's was sort of closed-in, and Bash is open on the backside/ocean side, so the party can kind of diffuse out a bit. The little cabana/couch things are still there for premier, which is awesome as that's our prime hang-out.

Bash bar service is way slower than the old Patyo's bar service was, and that is simply because they have a bunch of new bar employees, i.e. the J.V. team is working now, seems to us.

Sky Bar, hot tubs and pool is the most under-utilized part of the entire resort. Very cool environment up there, different kitchen and menu options, service is pretty good and the pool is the "old" Sexy Pool depth, so Boobs Out of the water. Nice.

Décor is moderned-up, if that's a word. The colors seem weird to me, but I'm no judge.

Different trips report different levels of security involvement (interference?) in what the people are up to (so no clue if they were just having fun, or going over the top witht hings?) so that's still a see how it goes thing. Have NOT seen full-on naked body shots on the bar like we used to do at the "old" swim-up bar. Security makes people get down. That being said, no security interference with a quickly performed such bodyshot ont he side of the pool.

10. soldier4402

soldier4402 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Kind of echoed what you said in our review. definitely trying for a younger crowd which Im not against but its obvious. Last time we were late 20s and were the only ones, this past week Id say 15-20% of the crowd were 20s. Business wise millenials and gen Xs are going to have all the cash soon, have to change your model at some point.
    We just thought the whole pay 40 bucks a couple to drink and hang out on a roof was a sad joke, doubtful it was anymore of a party than Bash.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice