Better late then never trip report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Montreal, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Montreal

Montreal Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greeting's
    I'm fashionably late upon my trip report but as the old saying goes "Better late than never"

As a first timer , I was very questionable about TTR ,After joining CC website I was able to obtain any question and ans I've had.

Many people ensured that It was friendly environment and "KNOW BODY CARES" statement really lives up to Its name and standards.

I've traveled numerous times to Cancun and Ill admit , This hotel Is far from a resort spa as It claims to be or 4 star hotel Its self alone.

CS was horrible at the front desk , The notion of prebooking your'e room and etc was truly a waist.Upon arrival my name was In the system and my bookings were clearly visible to Pedro unfortunately we ended up with a sob story as to who what where when and why.

The pools are cold (NON HEATED) and I found them to be fairly dirty , Space Is very limited !

What through me off was that knowing that space Is limited you'd think that they would open up the balcony to accommodate those who did not have a lawn chair..But they didn't..

The rooms were clean , I did get that smell that every one complains about but keep In mind Its that damp humidity and tropical breeze smell that gives It off,Apart from that my sheets and pillow case's were always changed,Floors were swept and washed and clean but they were shy on the towels..

Variety of food was an Issue at the buffet but yet It was edible , I've had better at the Oasis Cancun to be frank!

The a la carte's were simple & succulent...No complaints there :)

ET staff was great 10 on 10 for keeping the party and people alive.

Patios was a blast every single night of that week , Thank god for the waitress and waiter's, My drink was constantly full and my mouth was never dry :)

The resort Its self Is old and at the price we pay for a week or 2 It should be bye far more appealing !

If It wasn't for the people I highly doubt I would return , But because of the CC members and friends that I have came to know , I shall be back as a TTR repeater this Nov :) :wink3:

:partytime:

Ps for any one going the months of Jan-Feb..Be prepared the nights are
    cold and windy , I would suggest a cotton long sleeve shirt. Cant say much about dec or nov..My guess Its just as chilly at night...

2. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    Another repeater is hooked. Your report is honest and truthful...the areas that you give your high marks to, are exactly what brings all of us back time after time. The people, the party (the Sexy Pool and Paty O's), the entertainment staff and the general vibe of the resort. TTR is such a bargain compared to other adult resorts, that if you are looking for five star qualities...it can't be done for the price. I'm a morning person...so I see the pool just after sunrise every day I'm there - it's spotless and immaculate. After a few hours packed with a drinking crowd...there will be a few floating cups and bikini tops scattered about. The upper deck is reserved seating for Premier members. It's good to hear you're excited to go back.

3. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    When booking adult only-fun-party resorts, THAT'S what you are paying for. It's not the food or amentities. Although, I personally can't complain about the food..I usually return home at least 5 lbs heavier lol We have been to another adult only resort in Jamaica that offers even more of an adult only and open minded atmosphere, and guess what, the price is nearly double the price of TTR, yet the food and amenties there, made TTR look 5 star.

4. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Are you talking about Hedonism II? Just curious as I've heard before that it's double the price but I just looked and for us it'd only be around $400 more for the end of Spet/early Oct. Not that I want to go, not heard glowing reports about it, was just curious about prices.

5. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    Maybe I exaggerated a little by saying double, but it was a good $1000 per person more. Our package to Hedo was around $4500 for 7 nights. Our upcoming trip to TTR for 10 nights isn't anywhere near that cost. Most would expect that for that cost you'd be at a 5 star resort but let's just say I've come to appreciate TTR a whole lot more after being to Hedo. Don't get me wrong, we'd go back there...but it wouldn't be for the food/room/amenities lol

6. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we checked prices a couple of weeks ago, Hedo II was $2600 for 5 nites w/air while TTR was $1500 for the same (from Atlanta). The Resort adjacent to Hedo is GLN and they have some VERY good prices right now. For folks not sure about Hedo, just go to GLN, pay $150 for a day pass and walk 50 ft across the driveway. Just to test the water, before you jump in.

But, TTR is much nicer and much, much classier !!!

7. Jess N Paul

Jess N Paul I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0
    Let's face....everyone comes back because of the friends that they've met, for the ones they haven't met yet, and for the Spring Break for Adults atmosphere. It's like Neverland...a place where we come because we Never want to grow up.

8. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Amen brother!

9. laugh&love

laugh&love Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    If I blindfolded you.....took you to Hedo.....took you to your room and removed the blindfold......told you it was $600 / day ( including Air ).....then told you I paid for it with YOUR credit card.......YOU WOULD WHIP MY ASS !!!!!!

The rooms are horrible.....like cheap 1970 sleezy hotel at the edge of town horrible......

Food SUCKED.....I mean we nearly starved and I will eat almost anything.

We went with a total takeover and had the best times of our lives.....

This is the reason we are trying TTR.......1/3 of the price....we paid $1480.00 for 7 days at TTR with air.

If we can get the same sexy vibe, have as much fun and party as hard at 1/3 the price then TTR will be our destination.

Hedo was off the charts as far as party goes but the place was a dump.

Desire was MUCH better....WAY smaller.....cleaner.....better food ....not near as rowdy. Disappointed with the party vibe.

If we can step up the quality and food a notch at TTR, and get the party crowd we are looking for, then TTR will be it for us.

10. Atlguy

Atlguy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats good news. My ex-wife and I went to Hedo II years ago. Had fun, but yes, place was a dump. I did see some nice 5 star resorts that seemed like about the same price in Cancun, but I don't think there'd be any singles whatsoever at those, so I'd really feel out of place. Hence TTR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice