better days

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by SheikYerboottie, Jan 15, 2015.

1. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    SIX homicides in the city of St Louis city last night. 30 smash and grab car burglaries at the Blues game a few days ago. Michael Brown shot and killed in north St Louis in August. Al Sharpton comes town, and all Hell breaks loose for weeks. I've lived in this city most of my entire life. No, I'm not afraid, Yes, I still love my hometown very much. I don't like or own a gun I STAND WITH ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, WE WILL NOT ABANDON OUR HOMES NOR LIVE IN FEAR. Sorry, but this is NOT what this community is about, we will stand and fight. It's a rant I know, but time will heal us and we will continue to live our lives moving forward. Here is a gem I found off of Youtube, Rat Pack live at the old Kiel Opera House, special guest Johnny Carson, much to Ole' Blue Eyes delight~Peter Lawford was AWOL more then likely strung out on coke, and Frank didn't like dope. Booze and broads OK, but not drugs. Count Basie Orchestra is the house band. I was 3 years old, and lived in Vinita Park, not to far from Ferguson. My friend Gus, who ran a sports apparel store downtown for decades, was a stage hand in 1965, and got to pick up Carson from Lambert Field, said he was a pretty quiet, humble guy. Sammy made a Jewish joke, and Deano makes a canned racial joke, in the days of less political correctness and more awesome entertainment. BTW, who the hell dresses formally to go to a concert anymore!? Enjoy, this is great!

[ame=""]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Sheik, it is a shame that a race baiter like Sharpton can come into a town and just reek havoc by his mere presence. I'd love to know where he gets the money to do this when he owes the IRS over $4.7 million and NYS another $800,000. Al Capone went to jail for a hell of a lot less money and instead of going to jail Sharpton gets invited to the White House.

3. SheikYerboottie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sharpton was here like 12 years ago raising hell about the lack of minority contractors on the I 1 70 highway project, and he and his Nation of Islam body guards and a couple hundred other zipperheads here layed down on the highway during rush hour in protest! There was a story on NPR about a week ago on how stuff like this like 35 years ago would be taken care of by a fist fight at the least getting a black eye as a result at worst. There was another homicide in south St Louis Sunday evening, a 35 year old woman, who is an acquaintance of a lady friend of mine, who got shot in the head on Pennsylvania Ave. after a argument with her estranged BF. People need to lighten up.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  4. SheikYerboottie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Frank Sinatra Enterprises removed this OP linked video on YouTube! You can still see the whole concert on there though. Here is a real treat. This was at a concert less then a year before Sammy died. I think he knew he was terminally ill. Kanye, take notice. Your never going to be anywhere to being CLOSE to this man as a musician or the class act that he was.

5. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Sheik,

I think much of what you are seeing comes from some of our so called leaders. We have reached a point where we denigrate those who succeed and applaud those who don't. You have a nice car and I don't so therefore I'm entitled to your car. You work for something and I don't so therefore I'm entitled to what you have. It's a lot like it was in the late 60's and early 70's when those of us in a military uniform were spit upon by the cowards who avoided the draft. I include two current so called leaders named Trump and Sanders in that category.

We saw your own city of St. Louis erupt when a common thug attacked a cop and got shot for his stupidity and the thug became the hero and the cop the villain. Sadly this is the US today. It will change eventually but not for a very long time I'm afraid.

6. SheikYerboottie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Very sad days here in Dallas, Baton Rouge, and today Kansas city KS. What in the hell is wrong with people? Most of us on this forum are old enough to remember when there was a time in this country when people actually cared about each other. I found this again on Youtube, Dino's set is brilliant and the finale is a classic. I wonder how much tickets were back then for this? enjoy!

7. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I think the big change in our society came when we stopped making people accountable for their own actions. The politicians of the day cry about the cost of college and then say let's forgive the student loans. Hey, if someone's kids decided to major in something in which there are no jobs, then the taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill for their stupidity. Even the schools need to be accountable for selling useless majors to their students.

The campaign mantras of the politicians shouldn't be "Let's Make America Great Again," but rather, Let's Make Americans Accountable Again. No one has the guts to use that one!

8. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Well said, I totally agree!!

T

9. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    I don't mind giving someone a "hand up"...........but I am tired of giving folks continuous "hand outs"!

10. SheikYerboottie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have been reading Frank Sinatra's chauffeur's book, and Ole' Blue Eyes was quite a piece of work. Frank loved his cigarettes, booze (mostly jack Daniels), and women, and was well acquainted with several high profile whores, whom le lavished with firs and diamonds for. He disliked Peter Lawford because he was a junkie. The author also maintained Frank had a huge gregg. Years later he called ex wife Mia Farrow offering to take out Woody Allen's kneecaps after their divorce Brilliant!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice