Being bumped to Great Parnassus

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by MNMusician, Jan 10, 2012.

1. MNMusician

MNMusician Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was catching up on my Golden Parnassus reading on Trip Advisor and noticed a thread from a couple who had been bumped from the Golden Parnassus to the Great Parnassus. This would be totally unacceptable to me! Unfortunately, it sounds like this is a common problem from what I read. I want to be proactive and assure this won't happen to me. Any suggestions?

2. Will

Will Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 0
    We were worried about this same thing last year when we booked at the Golden after reading where many couples had been bumped to the Great so we called the travel company we booked with and switched our stay to Temptation and never regreted it one bit .
    Dont get me wrong the Great is a very nice place but we booked a vacation without the kids for a reason and didnt want kids every where while there. So just book at Temptation instead!

3. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    usually unavoidable around Mid Feb to late March. but its a lottery type thing....you may get bumped, you may not

4. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wouldn't even think of going to anywhere but temptations.getting bumped for me would be the best thing.doing me a favor

5. db11b

db11b Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last Feb TTR bumped us to their sister resort Sea Adventure and Water Park, the 1st night we were there, they comped us 3 free night for this yr, we are leaving in 2wks for 7 days,3 free plus 4 more, so far getting everything booked was ok but will have to wait till we get there to see how free our 3 free are.

6. Bretskii

Bretskii Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This thread made me ask my travel agent about it. We are taking our fist vacation with no kids, so I wanted to make sure this didn't happen. Apple vacations told her in a nutshell, If you book trips yourself on the internet, you risk this as a possibility. If you book through an agent, it is highly unlikely they will bump you because then the agent will stop recommending business their way. So take it for what it's worth. C'yall in 4 mondays!

7. NancyBowes

NancyBowes Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On another site......

Apple is one of the tour operators whose clients most frequently get bumped! I apologize if I have misread your quote if that is Apple is stating......

8. MNgirl

MNgirl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the key is booking yourself or thru a travel agent...makes a difference, prob more expensive too!

9. Bretskii

Bretskii Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No you pegged it. Apple all but guaranteed this wouldn't happen to my group because we used them to book.

10. LabradorCouple2732

LabradorCouple2732 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good luck with that! There are no guarantees in Mexico! We have seen all kinds of people get bumped the day we checked in Last year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice