Been There, Done that, Oh yea! we will be back!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by stanlsr30, May 15, 2015.

1. stanlsr30

stanlsr30 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just back from our 1st Cancun trip. The GP was great!
    1st night was mothers day... Big fiesta with awesome buffet by the pool, what a treat.

OK.
    Food - GREAT 5 stars, everything was served at the right temps and tasted great.

Service: Cant say anything that is not already posted here. As a restaurant owner I look at service very closely and these people know service. They remember you and make conversation with you and are very appreciative for a simple tip.

Facility: Older but CLEAN! We went to the great for Big Bend steak house and although it was big and shiny my wife liked how the GP had little walking. Everything was a simple walk. Our room was 3rd floor ocean side. They say I was upgraded (made me write it on receipt and sign?) but I know I reserved the room we received... not sure what that was all about.

We did the Cancun Lagoon tour, lots of games with "Sexy Annie" and drinking. Great lunch on boat also.
    Spent most the time at the pool, always some activities going on. The entertainment team works hard. (I want to adopt Annie and bring her home LOL)

Topless:
    None, didn't mater to us, She wanted to but didn't want to be the trend setter. If your looking for a party it is there, if you want to relax it is also here. Great middle of the road resort.
    Everyone's favorite... Tiki bar:
    Dawn does not drink much so we did not spend much time here. They had a big party Wed. night and we stayed for awhile, lots of crazy games and drinking. Being on ocean side room I can tell you that it was a nightly party until 2am all the time.

We did the "timeshare" meeting, They worked us very hard, we finally had to get up and walk away, they did not want no for an answer.

It was only 4 nights, Dawn thought it was enough, I wanted more LOL
    I think 6 at the end of August might be in the works.

2. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the GP family. Your are now officially an addict lol. We were hooked after our first trip as well. Thanks for the trip report.

3. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for the report. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

4. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad you had a great time. We are so looking forward to our trip..only 11 more days and we will be on the beach! Did you have any problems getting any shade at the pool or beach?

5. Crtuforfun

Crtuforfun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    First time at GP, won't be the last!

John and I went in February this year for 4 days and were immediately hooked by the initimate feel of this older, but spotless resort. We met a wide range of very cool and friendly people from 20 yo to 60+, and partied down with all of them. So many people are repeat visitors, that the GP has almost a club feel to it.
    ROOMS We were upgraded to an ocean front room on 6th floor with amazing views and balcony for watching the action, if we needed a break. Lol. Bed was on the short side, but comfortable mattress, AC worked fine, no musty smell. We slept like babies. Bathroom lighting a little dim for you high maintenance women who need the make up mirror. Huge shower, built for two (!),mood water pressure. The only complaint would be the musty water smell, but easy to live with. Lotion up with some nice smelling stuff!

FUN AND COMMUNITY...We spent a great time at the Tiki Bar, main source of action here. Depending on the crowd, it can be a little naughtier some nights than others. One late night saw the infamous concrete dildo make an appearance with much fun to be had, and another evening only 3 people! WTF?! The karaoke lounge was kinda a miss mainly due to the fact of a large crowd of spring breakers, who were adorable and fun for the most part. Unfortunately one young man just hogged the Mike and it got pretty old after a while. John and I had a thought to get naked and play pool to distract them..lmao!

TOPLESS?? I wanted a resort a could go topless if I was so inclined....there was no boobage on show when we were there, so I opted to go topless on our palapa on the beach. No one else did, but no one seemed to care either. I just didn't have the balls to get up and walk around, but I do get a sense that if one woman goes for it, then many may follow!

POOL. Right in the middle of everything...easy access to Tiki Bar, beach bar and hot tub. Not a lap pool, but good to cool off. Clean, comfortable temp in Feb. Always were able to find chairs around the pool. Many games going on through out the day which we didn't participate in, but if you are so inclined, plenty of fun to be had.

FOOD. Food was average, with our favorite being the asian fusion restaurant, but the fact that there are no reservations needed, more than made up for the average food. I am a foodie, but always found something to fill my tummy. The breakfast and lunch buffets were very good, with enough variety to satisfy all but the pickiest eaters. Another nice convenience is the pool side snack bar which serves pretty darn good burgers and sandwiches. Gourmet fare? Absolutely not, but we didn't give a damn! And you can bring your own bottle of wine so any restaurant, which for me, was a huge plus.
    BOTTOM LINE..3 star resort, but the experience is more like a 4 to 4 1/2 star because of the amazing staff, size of the resort,mini reservations for restaurants, and just amazing guests who are among the friendliest and open minded we have ever met. The overall vibe is so positive and joyful you can't help but be infected! We became members, and will be back as soon as we can swing it, financially that is.

Question to others here.....curious about LS possibitilies here? Any scoop?!

6. stanlsr30

stanlsr30 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure about weekends (we were Sun - Thurs) but if you ask for an umbrella they will find you one at the pool. It started filling up around 9ish. I was up at 7am, dropped some towels on two chairs and grabbed breakfast then down to pool. One day we spent undr a tiki hut on the beach. Consider your placement though as the sun moves if you are planning the whole day. They have a nice lifted shaed area with lots of space away from pool but we liked to be AT the pool so we can jump in and out with no walking. Downside is if your that close you may get picked to play a game with the staff, we were there to relax but the activities were fun.

7. alj4444

alj4444 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be there in 16 days! We can't wait! This is our fifth trip to Mexico, but our first to the GP! Can anyone tell us approximately what the cost would be to upgrade to a club room when we get there (or what they've paid in the past?) Also, how bad is the pestering about attending a timeshare presentation? My husband will not take well to that.

8. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    alj4444 look us up when you get there! We will be arriving on the 27th.

9. alj4444

alj4444 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will do 68stang!

10. larryrae

larryrae Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    12 days and counting

We will arrive and be on the beach on the 28th! Can't wait! Much needed girls week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice