April 15 to 19

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by M and S, Apr 23, 2015.

1. M and S

M and S Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We made a very last minute 4 night trip last week. Booked Tuesday jumped on a plane Wednesday so not well prepared. We have made three trips to temptations and several to secrets as a little background.

Overall impression relaxing quiet and boring by the last day.
    Room nice clean spacious very cool ac.
    All staff friendly
    Food good. Buffet restraint is very hot with little ventilation. Alcohol was mid shelf, absolute Bacardi.
    Beach and pools are great.
    Captain Hook kinky cruise was fun. Foam party was fun.
    If they had more activities like these it would be a better experience for us.
    Music was a good mix.
    Nothing within walking distance.
    Undecided about whether we would go back only because of activities and cameras. Too many cameras everywhere for Temptation type activities.

2. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    Thank you for the trip report. We are going to be there May 23rd through the 29th.We normally go to Temptation but look forward to trying out other resorts as well. Is there anything else you can tell us about the resort? Thanks again!

3. Bambidamnit

Bambidamnit Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    it's not easy getting info on this place, we have booked for June and hoping for a great time.
    I have tried to contact people that have stayed at the resort but they do not respond..... please post a review after your stay!

4. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    We will be happy to!

5. Baby G

Baby G Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys don't forget me.

6. M and S

M and S Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry for the delayed rreply. The resort is nice it is similar to a Secrets with a little sexy vibe thrown in at night. They have volley ball several times a day with some other activities. They do a balloon toss that is pretty entertaining. A couple times a week they have pole dance and lap dance lessons.

The pirate cruise was fun transportation to and from were included. This is on Thursday night. They have shows also. Similar to those at Temptation, but a little tamer.
    You make reservations at the concierge and I would recommend doing it on check in. All reservations are made at concierge from 9 to 5.

Foam party was fun. Big pool. They held it in a pool that has a large area that is ankle deep, so it is a good setup for this type of activity. The Entertainment Staff tries to get folks involved and were fun.

I have to say the variety and rotation of the music was great. They had music by the pool and a DJ at the beach area.

The beach is clean, huge sand bar right in front of the beach, but the water is rough in this area of cancun. The water is pretty. You can also rent jetskies and parasail. There were some vendors but they were not pushy or overly aggressive. One negative is only one bathroom in the whole pool and beach area. There were folks offering massages and facials right down the beach.

I did not use the spa. They have the fish pedicure available. I was fold there was a small selection of toys in the Spa for sale, but we never went into the spa so I cannot confirm.

The dress of the guests is more conservative. As I said, cameras were everywhere. Some of us were topless, but not many at all. Maybe 10 people a day. No theme nights while we were there.

No Adult channels on the TV. Large flat screen mounted to the wall. Bed was comfortable, room clean. Good size shower with jetted tub. We had no issues, but heard of others complaining about not having towels in their room. There is NO IRON in the room. Room service will of course put whatever you want in the fridge. The beer was Coors Light and a Mexican Beer, just don't remember which one. They had the same on draft.

This resort has LOTS of stairs. The elevators were dark but were fairly quick and operational the entire time we were there.

LOTS of loungers on the beach with a decent amount of shade available. The pool is large actually there are 3 pools. There are ample chairs in the pool area, some umbrellas, but not alot. They will move umbrellas from area to area.
    We saw them run out of beach towels a couple times and the resort was not full.
    There is a swimup bar, but it is hard to enter and you have to go under a waterfall to exit so you get pool water in your drink. There is section of the pool that has the most amazing view of the gulf. It is breathtakingly beautiful.
    Pool has steps leading into it and it is easy to enter and exit.

The beach bar opens about 9 each day i think. They have a smoothie bar at the beach bar that is pretty cool.
    There is a small gift shop, but it closes for an hour or so in the afternoon. There are no convencie stories or pharmacias in the area. I didn't see anything within walking distance.

Lobby bar was a hang out area. Booze are midshelf Absolute Bacardi. I have to say they do NOT make a good mudslide or White russian. Everything else we had was fine.
    The buffet is the only place to get breakfast. Breakfast was OK, nothing great. had an omlette bar. There is a continental breakfast offering at the Box. Buffet had no central air, no open windows, only one open door. It was hot in April I cannot image what SUMMER will be like.
    No Buffet at Lunch. Mexican and Italian and the Chicken shack were the only offerings. Calzone was NOT good, Chicken shack was good, limited seating with not alot of shade. It will be hot during the summer. There is an ice cream bar that also has popcorn by the sushi bar. Both were open during the day.
    We did not try the Blck Hole, if you want to eat here get reservations early. We didn't eat any of the reservation hotels. We just don't like to be on a schedule at all, so we just don't do the reservation restaurants.
    Mexican is good, but not the best we have had.
    All in all not a bad resort. We did not have high expectations with the varied reviews, and were pleasantly suprised. If you were at this resort with the right people it would be amazing. If they made a few changes to entertainment it would e a good alternative.
    If you have specific questions, please ask. I am happy to answer. I have neever written a trip report before, but wanted to provided info on our exerience because there is so little available.
    We believe that your attitude and mindset can make or break your trip. We booked this trip on Tuesday and left Wednesday, so we did not do our normal research. I think it actually made the trip a little bit more or an adventure and fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice