Any "crab shack" places on the water?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jjrichardson, Feb 2, 2014.

1. jjrichardson

jjrichardson Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas for a "crab shack" place that would be considered "on the water"? My idea of a good sea food experience is eating fish tacos, oyster, etc.. while eating outside on or by the water, or at least in a "bar type" atmosphere. I like drinking beer and enjoying the atmosphere. I've been to other beach destinations where there are piers (side note-any piers/boardwalks in Cancun?) with these style restaurants on them, or they have docks, and there is just something about them I really like. They also seem to be a lot less costly than a "fine dining" experience with sea food. I'm not looking for a 5 star, but actually the opposite (simple, casual, beer-drinking fun). Does anyone have any ideas on a place that fits this description in Cancun, preferably in the Hotel Zone, or at least somewhere that would be easy to get to, and where 4 mid-20's males from the U.S. would be safe and welcomed? Also, I'd like to avoid going to another hotel's restaurant if possible (looking for the "local Feel") We'll be going to Cancun in mid-March.:musik026:

2. jjrichardson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone?

Wow, I have 2 questions posted and no replies?? This site used to get a lot of activity...

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Maybe try Fish Fritanga, looks a bit rough from the outside but nice inside.

I'm not really up to date on restaurants in the hotel zone, they close down and re-open with new names so regularly and we rarely venture out there.

4. jjrichardson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve. This looks/sounds like exactly the place I would be looking for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice