Another fear-mongering article in Canada about Mexico.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancunscorpio, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Cancunscorpio

Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rather not read any comments as I am sure they are racist and also from people whom have never left the comforts of their own Country.

And I was always told to never confront someone with a gun.

Oh, and I am thinking there was some Canadians at some point killed in the US and Americans killed in Canada. Not to be rude, but who cares. It happens I am thinking every second all over the world and unfortunately, Mexico takes so much damn heat when it happens here. UUUGH!!!!

3. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    Have to agree Tori, I could get killed tonight on the streets of Calgary, or rather have my apartment broken into and the result and motives for criminals in either place (robbery in this case) would be the same.

It sounds like the man who was killed was at the home of someone who was probably pretty well off. If you are going to invade a home you are probably going to pick a nicer place where the loot is more plentiful.

Needless to say this won't affect my decision on whether to travel to Cancun or not!

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Colima area is about as far away from Cancun as Phoenix is from New York.

Tori, remember that we need to rename Scorpio to El Negativo, and he doesn't even live here.

5. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just as a heads up, you don't need to post things that have nothing to do with living in Cancun here. There is a 'free for all forum' as well on this site for things unrelated to the other forums. It's at the bottom of the main page, for politics, fun things, whatever you fancy.

It's like me posting these in some forum about living in Ottawa - same country very different destination

Man killed in a hail of bullets in Vancouver neighbourhood

Global Toronto | Man shot and killed in east Toronto is city's first homicide of 2012

Quebec police seek clues after Acton Vale man dies in attack by three men

Have a good one.

6. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Well, maybe not Calgary but Edmonton for sure...lol

7. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought my son the book, "Top Tens" for Xmas. Yesterday he said, "Dad, what's #1 of the top ten countries where tourists are murdered?"

I said, "USA?"

"Wrong. Mexico"

I hate that f^*&ing book!

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Is it published by Fox News? :)

Of course, the volume of USA tourists to Mexico is probably far more than the volume to any other country I'd expect, except possibly Canada. So it would follow that the number of murders probably exceeds any other country too. Kind of like saying most USA citizens are murdered in the USA.

I wonder how the numbers would look if they published figures as murders per 1,000,000 USA tourists. Very small I'd bet.

Certainly, in the 7 years I've lived in Cancun there hasn't been a single murder of a USA Tourist as I recall, other than by their own family. How many US tourists have visited Cancun in that time and not been murdered :)

Probably more chance of being struck by lightning and winning the lottery on the same day.

9. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I bet there's more American tourists killed while on vacation in San Diego, L.A., San Francisco, Miami, New Orleans and NYC than are murdered in Mexico - but is that in the book, "TopTen"? I doubt it.

10. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i wake up every day to miami news!!!!!!!wow it goes on in miami dade everyday 3 times a day!!!!!!!:blueshock:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice