another dorky question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by bitchkitten, Apr 18, 2008.

1. bitchkitten

bitchkitten Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are the mosquitos bad at TTR? Should I bring repellant? We'd love to go to Chichen Itza, so I'm thinking at least for that it would be a good idea. I've traveled a lot, but never been further into Mexico than Tijuana, which doesn't count. Any big snake/spider issues to be forwarned about? I swear, guys, I'm fun and not 100 years old, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into, so I can relax when I'm there and just party. Plus my friend will be stressed if there are unexpected freak-outs. :roll:

2. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back less than a week ago. No mosquito's that I saw.
    No spiders and if there had been even ONE snake I would have been so out of there!

3. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    questions

well ive been to TTR 6 times and ive never had to use mosquito repelent or anything, and im usually outside all day and all night, I honestly cant remember ever gettin bit, maybe I was a bit intoxicated and dont remember but its definately not a major concern. and in all the years of going, I dont think there is any spider issues or snakes or any kind of unfriendly issues to worry about, the occasional lizard wich are the size of a dollar bill around the hotel, and some ants occasionally can get around the room. Thats about it, at least from my point of view, so just go and enjoy your trip. have a good time

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Mosquitos come out in May so if you are coming down then or later you might want to bring some replent. No spiders or snakes at the resort. Might run into them in the jungle though. Spiders more likely than snakes.

And we don't mind the questions. To a person here we all say that knowing everthing about where you are going is the best way to make sure you have a great vacation. :D

Jamie

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    After living in downtown Cancun for over 3 years, this is my tally of what may be considered scary:

Scorpions seen = 2
    Snakes seen = 1 (in a Jungle area) 2 if you include dead ones
    Spiders : big ones none, little house spiders maybe half a dozen. Did see some big ones when we went to Chichen Itza before moving here
    Lizards = thousands
    Cockroaches = dozens

As for Mosquitos, depends on the recent climate more than the time of year. I often found that Margaritas/Paty O's bar tended to have quite a few, so definitely bring some spray.

6. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Lizards.....

We went on a scuba diving trip in the Cenotes underwater cave system last year. The tour operator took us by Desire to pick up another couple. I saw an alligator in a swampy area outside of the resort. But, the only big lizard I can remember seeing at BBG was hanging out at the bar with a shitload of gold chains around his neck.
    :bounce3:

7. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Paty O's has the lower couch like seating....that is where I got bit up. No one else in our party seemed to be bothered but my ankles and feet got it pretty bad. Only time I ever got bit by anything in 3 trips.

8. bitchkitten

bitchkitten Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great help, thanks guys. Fortunately I enjoy lizards (although the one by the bar with the gold chains I might shy away from). It will be May 4-14, so I will definitely bring spray. This is also why I love a room with a/c.

We stayed in Jamaica one trip in a non-a/c room in the jungle, and the bugs were happy to share with us. We had two massive cockroaches in our room, and when hubby went to chase them out, they sprouted wings and flew away!! ACK!! When the hell did they learn how to do that???!! We got a room with a/c the very next day, and the cold air keeps the little bastards at bay.

9. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Glad to hear you're coming in May. It's the month of our Repeaters Reunion. :D

Check out the May Roll Call for who else will be there at the same time and if you get a picture up we can add it to the Roll Call so people can recognize you when you get there.

If you send a picture to Steve at steve@cancuncare.com with your screen name he'll add it for you

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice