American springbreak vs. European summerbreak

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by johanNL0031, Jul 4, 2009.

1. johanNL0031

johanNL0031 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard a lot of stories about how crazy springbreak is . . . well, not at all! I used to go to European summerbreak destinations like: chersonissos greece, marmaris turkey and lloret de mar spain. So, last springbreak I went to cancun with 3 friends to see how you guys party. What I saw was me when I was 13 years old drinking my first beer. Is it because you have to be 21 in America to drink alcohol? Because I saw guys being wasted after their first shot of tequilla! However more girls for me;) But you have to know springbreak is far not so crazy as the european summerbreaks! Can't wait to go to chersonissos next week!

(Sorry for my bad English. I'm trying though;))

2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not my fault. I don't have the genes to create enzymes that metabolize alcohol.

3. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To give credit to Americans they aint no less drinkers than people from anywhere else in the world! the 21 drinking age is only a bad thing because it slows down people becoming mature with drink and you see 21 year olds being annoying bastards after a few beers, where as by 21 in uk after legal drinking since 18 we become a little less annoying and stupid.

Spring break in the states + mexico is much better than Summer in Europe. in Europe in the summer English people take over everywhere and where well known as a nation of trouble causers abroad i dont want to travel a few 1000 miles and be surrounded with people from back home and feeling unsafe. Ive never felt unsafe in cancun or florida on spring break. Im going to greece tommorow mainly just because its a cheap option.

4. johanNL0031

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, it's not only the alcohol thing. European girls are much easier to get in bed though;) Where I go in Greece (chersonissos) are not many British people. Lots of dutch and Swedish, that's why I go there;) Most Dutch people are not really trouble causers so I feel really safe. I really recommend chersonissos to spend your summerbreak because at day time it's also one big party.

5. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Id be abit screwed meeting people there if no one speaks English as i only speak one language lol :p

6. johanNL0031

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's true;) On the other way, most dutch people speaks good enough English to have a conversation with them. If you are drunk enough it doesn't matter anymore what language they speak;)

7. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting. I've always thought it's the other way around. But that's cause I've never hooked up with a European chick.

8. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sounds good, might add that to the list for next year :D

9. Wozza

Wozza Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had an amazing holiday in Cancun when I went in June but I would never visit during spring break. Bloody hell Americans can not handle thier drink and are just irritating about it! It really is like being at an underage disco full of 17 year olds. I do agree with Trigger about European holidays though it is just full of other British people tearing the place up. I'd choose Cancun anyday though.

10. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun in June? You probably were there with all the high school kiddies that escaped from their Teachers & Mums for the summer and then drank their first beer.

BTW - Stop holding out on us. Where's your Trip report & pics??? :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice