Amazing vacation at the Golden Parnassus Sep 12th to 21st

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by cancun 1982, Sep 24, 2015.

1. cancun 1982

cancun 1982 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got back from a wonderful 10 days at the GP. It was our third time to the GP and we were never disappointed.
    The front desk staffs were amazing and so was the rest of the staff thought out the hotel. Here to name a few. If I forget anybody and I am truly sorry. Oscar, Gaby, Ana, Mavi, Julian, Albert, Fonzie, Fermin, Gustavo, Miguel and Jose did a great job in taking care of us thru out the day.
    The food and services were great at all of the restaurants we happen to eat at for our meals. Even the hotel is going through a lot changes the staff did a fantastic job in keeping us happy. To me change is always going to happen so you should make the best of it and change with the times.
    We spent a lot of time at the beach and at one point we helped the Lifeguard dig up and release about 250 turtles from the Turtle Sanctuary right beside the hotel. My wife and friends are still talking about it the little baby turtles. It is so wonderful that the lifeguard handles all this and still keeps people safe. We do think he needs to be tipped just like the rest of the staff.
    The only issue is see is with the WIFI at the hotel. It should be free and it should be upgraded but then again we are on vacation.
    I could say a lot more but I will close by saying at I would recommend this hotel and will definitely be back to the Golden Parnassus in the future.
    :mermaid:

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +629 / 2
    Sounds great! Can you tell us a little about the nightlife and/or daytime activities? I love a good resort, but if there aren't activities daily and nightly, I find it boring.

3. lt4vet

lt4vet Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    We were there sept 26 - oct 1. This was our ninth trip to cancun but first to cancun. Was not impressed with the service or the food. Lunch options are very limited as the pier is no longer open for lunch. Service was decent but nothing to brag about. Not having a refrigerator in your room is terrible. Wake up at 4 in the morning after spending all day drinking you want a cold water to drink.
    Would rather pay a little extra and stay at a place with better food and service.

4. Jenjoeusa

Jenjoeusa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i was pretty sure had a refrig when we were there,,, going back in a few months and would need cold h20....just saying

5. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    Only the golden/club rooms have a fridge... the non-jacuzzi rooms do not have a fridge, just an ice bucket.

6. Jenjoeusa

Jenjoeusa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thjats good...we are club members and always enjoy jacuzzi time

7. lt4vet

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Just returned from Cancun and stayed at secrets the vine two hotels up the beach from GP. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money and stay at secrets. Room, food, service all much much much better than GP. Our 7 day vacation cost us about $200 more per person than GP would cost but was well worth every penny

8. Flirty_n_Fun96

Flirty_n_Fun96 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    is secrets adults only ?

9. lt4vet

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Yes, all secrets are adults only.
    The room is much nicer, the food is 10 times better with more options, and the service at secrets is much better. Spend a little more money and get a whole lot more. I will never go back to GP.

10. qccritter

qccritter Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    How was the night life?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice