All inclusive tipping

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by PA Beachlovers, Dec 22, 2013.

1. PA Beachlovers

PA Beachlovers Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to the Riu Palace Peninsula in a couple of weeks. This will be our first time to an all inclusive resort. What are proper tips at the bars, dining rooms, and the room attendant. From what I have read these people rely highly on the tipping for their income as they are paid very little by the resorts.

2. Matt_Diana

Matt_Diana Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We usually tip between $30-$50/day. Usually a buck or two per round of drinks, $5-$10 per day for the maid and $2-$10 per meal depending on service.

3. dewder

dewder Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    this isn't an easy question . I was once on a prestige golf course in a 3rd world country and tipped my caddy $50. she told me that was too much and said she could pay for a semester of school with that , after she got back to the clubhouse before I did, the manager pointed out a sign I did not see walking in : MAX TIP $20US PLEASE. that being said Cancun is not a 3rd world city !
    For the most part we try to stick to this plan :
    -bars during the day - we will each give $5 a day
    -bars during the night - again $5 each
    -dining - $5 -$10
    -room attendant - ( little tricky ) We like to give $3 -5 a day and get great service but I've heard $5 every 2nd day is better. not sure on this one !
    Also what we really enjoy is bringing gifts to Mexico ! we have brought everything from nylon's for the room attendants to Canadian bouncy balls for their children. One year Crayons and coloring books was a huge hit ! we plan again to bring gifts !

4. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    It seems different for everybody. While at the resort we tip $1 when we get drinks at the bar. We tip $2 if they bring us drinks at our table or by the pool. Dinner if we have good service we tip $5 a little less if service is not so good. For the people who handle our luggage we tip $1 a bag. If the house keeping is good (it has never been not good) we tip the house keeping $20 for a week. Hope this helps. As for taking gifts it is a nice gesture but it doesn't buy shoes for the kids. So if you do like dewder and bring gifts and tip, cool. But don't replace the tips with gifts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice