Ali & Andrew Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Ali & Andrew, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Another Fantastic trip!

Early morning flight out of Calgary was on time and uneventful, landed in Cancun around 3:30, easy trip through immigration and baggage claim. Headed for the red button with a sense of foreboding but the lady ahead of us got the red and we hit a green. Out to a very busy transportation area and finally got set up with Speedy Gonzales and his dilapidated mini van who made record time to TTR by ignoring the lines on the road (and the speed bumps) and taking corners on 2 wheels. At one point he did ask if he needed to slow down as Ali let out a loud “Yeehaw!” but we wanted to get there quickly so we gripped the seats more firmly and told him it was fine.

We were traveling with another couple but knew they would have a different holiday than us as they were more focused on excursions, day trips and the beach. We'd arranged to meet up with them occasionally for dinner and Paty'o's. Got the room we wanted, overlooking Paty'o's and a view of the sexy pool through the trees, perfect. We all threw our bags in the room, grabbed our mugs and met at the quiet pool bar, close to their room, to show them around.

We almost skipped heading over to the Sexy Pool as everyone was hungry but I wanted to see who was around that we'd met in the forum. As we walked over I glanced over at the far hot tub and saw a couple we'd met on our last trip in April, Wayne and Deb. What an awesome surprise, totally unexpected! We'd been emailing back and forth but they said there was no way they could make it but surprised us by showing up the same day. The beauty of TTR is that you can make lasting friendships with people and this was the best surprise we could have asked for.

People: We met a bunch of awesome people, everyone was so friendly and inclusive and we had fun the whole week with various groups, couples and singles. A huge shout out to the Octoberbreast group, what a friendly bunch. Dave and Kim, Caro and her boyfriend (apologies for forgetting his name), Shotgun, Kev Watson and big hugs to Tanya and Sandy who were so much fun to hang out with. Last but not least, Wayne and Deb, what amazing friends. I'm sure I've missed people out but thinking of you all anyways.

Boobs Cruise, Oct. 3rd: This was the cruise we begged Steve to offer and promised we'd have the numbers for. Steve did us a solid and added it, we just barely scraped the required people together, I think we had 30 or so by that morning. We all staggered to Paty'o's for the meet up but the sky was ugly, the wind was picking up and rumors were shared of the coastguard closing the waters. Sure enough just 15 minutes before departure we got the word it was canceled. Steve was very apologetic but it was completely out of his control. Thanks so much for setting this up anyway Steve, we'll get one in on the next trip I'm sure.

Weather: The weather was amazing for the most part, we got a little cloud on Wednesday afternoon that was supposed to turn into several days of tropical storms. Thursday (Boobs Cruise day) was a mix of ridiculous winds and torrential rain so we spent the morning huddled under Diego’s, drinking and laughing and making more friends. By late afternoon it started clearing and the pool was full. We brought out a can of AIWC and shared it with the Octoberbreasters, I think everyone enjoyed the day in the end. Friday was sunny and hot again so really no complaints about the weather at all.

Food: On our third trip (this year) we finally got to experience food other than the buffet, Margaritas or Paty'o's burgers. I know there's been some talk about dress code and I did wear some nice Tommy Bahama shorts and a silk shirt each night but pants were not required. Just don't wear sports attire. Margaritas has changed the menu slightly but it's still good food. The Italian was amazing and I'd highly recommend it. The seafood place was also very good and satisfied Ali's shrimp cravings very well. We had a late supper at the Asian on the last night and I think that was my favourite. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Paty'o's still serves the best 2:00am burgers on the planet.

Theme nights: We suspected they'd be hit and miss and that was the case. Red night was so so, LBD was well supported. Men's white dress shirt was pretty much ignored. Naughty school girl had about a dozen or so enthusiastic school girls. lingerie night was very well attended and the party afterward in Paty'o's was epic. White night/glow night/foam party was a great success and a lot of fun. I was very proud that Ali wore something see-through on most nights.

Another amazing trip made even more so by the amazing people we met and the resort staff. We will definitely be coming back again in April, or sooner.

2. vdeb

vdeb Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Well we're just glad that you both were smiling when we surprised you. We had an awesome time and can't wait till April. Thanks for making it so much fun - not to mention just showing up for the dinner reservations lol. Give our best to MJ and Sarah. They were a lot of fun too (when we saw them!).
    All the best.

3. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sound like a wonderful trip! We know what it is like to arrive and walk up to Diego's Bar and I say to George "Is that Pinky?" and Dang it was and OMG there were many friends we haven't seen in years there... It was amazing and such a wonderful BBG/TTR reunion. :liebe011::liebe011:

Debbie

4. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Hi guys, glad you had fun. Just realized you guys are from Calgary. I hope we seen you guys at the Stampede party next year at Captain Blue eyes house. P.S. Craig's house. We all had a blast last year. Probably July 13th or so.

5. Ali & Andrew

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Yup, we should be there for sure, he's already been in touch with us. Maybe see you in April too :)

6. Tempted Kitty

Tempted Kitty Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Sorry I missed you guys but am dying to hit TTR for Halloween and that's the plan.
    BTW Ali...... purr purr

7. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    Glad you guys had fun, hope you found someone to give you your daily hugs Ali lol!

8. Laura1971

Laura1971 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We must have had the same driver to TTR!!! lol He scared me to death! lol

9. Ali & Andrew

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    You were missed. I hope you have a blast for Halloween!!! Thanks for the Purr ;-D

10. Ali & Andrew

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Nobody can substitute for my daily Keith hugs!!!! We need to get together soon so I can get one...if we don't see you before, I hope you have a blast at TTR for Halloween.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice