Airline Travel Requirements During Covid

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jessica, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    The fiance and I are 29 days out from our trip. We will be flying direct with Spirit and a questionnaire had been sent to us regarding symptoms. Now... if I were dead set on going, what is to stop me from lying? I've heard in passing that some airlines are requiring a negative test result before flying. I've also heard the same for those traveling to Mexico.

I wanted to start a thread for anyone looking for a first hand experience of what different airlines and customs checkpoints may require before and during flights.

Safe travels everyone!

2. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    I don’t think you would do something like that and put anyone else at risk at the resort, but hopefully others have a conscience about it because that’s all that would stop most. When we were there last month there were no requirements like that. Only thing new from normal travel was that we had to wear a mask the entire flight. There was a questionnaire on the way back before going through security about symptoms and they checked that form, kinda.

3. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Thanks! And yes I certainly wouldn't put anyone at risk. I actually intend on wearing a mask when I talk to people. But I'm just trying to see if any of this information im hearing is real. I have my doubts but I'd rather not risk my chances of being able to get on a plane.

4. T&D PA

T&D PA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 1
    I just flew with American out of Philly 6/10-6/18. We did not have to wear masks on the plane. They did ask that we wear a mask in the Cancun airport once we landed, but most people were not. Half way through our trip, the requirement to be tested to get back into the US was canceled. Going home, the airport was more strict with people wearing masks, and airport employees would call you out if you did not have one on. I would say 95% of people had them on at that time. We were at TTR 6/10-6/14. Then moved to Desire. The last night at Desire I felt absolutely terrible. So tired, throat was super sore. Had chest congestion and a cough. Came home and tested positive for Covid. That was my THIRD time having it. I thought I would be somewhat immune by now, but I guess not. I did wear a mask on the plane on the way home out of precaution, but it was not mandated. Both flights, there were plenty of people hacking and coughing NOT wearing masks. So freaking rude in my opinion. My guess is I got it on the plane heading to Cancun. My husband did not have any symptoms, so either he got lucky or was asymptomatic.

5. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    @diannahb830 Just wondering, if you could do it all over again, would you have worn a mask on that incoming flight?

I ask because we are flying to Cancun next month. It will be our first trip since the mask requirements have been relaxed. I try to wear my mask, still, in public when indoors (grocery shopping, e.g.) but most people have ditched the masks. I worry about germs being circulated in small spaces, like airplanes, so I will probably don a mask during both flights. I might be the only one, from how you described your flights.

6. T&D PA

Ratings:
    +275 / 1
    I have not been one to wear masks unless it is mandated. I never felt like they were very effective because I had covid twice during the times masks were mandated everywhere (I was only wearing cloth masks at that time). But to answer your question. Yes, If I did it all over again, I would have worn an N95 mask on the plane and just dealt with being uncomfortable. I am sure that is where I got it from because none of our other friends came down with it (they traveled on different flights). None of us are vaccinated but we have all had Covid twice already. There were some people with masks on. Most did not wear them. The pilot made an announcement that they are not required but asked people not to judge others for wearing or not wearing a mask.

7. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 1
    Interesting. We were there 6-13 thru 6-22 and at the end of our trip, wife got congestion as I did also on last day. Well, when we got home we both tested positive for Covid. Lucky for us the testing ended to return home… Better lucky than good I guess!

8. T&D PA

Ratings:
    +275 / 1
    I saw a post on FB for the June Junkies that said quite a few people ended up with Covid.

9. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 1
    Very interesting for sure! This was our 3 rd trip during the Covid era. Guess our luck finally ran out! Yet lucky on the other aspect of it.

10. T&D PA

Ratings:
    +275 / 1
    I know, I thought the same thing. The testing requirement expired half way through our trip. We would have been screwed had it not. But at the same time, it sucks I got it and had to fly home with others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice