Airfare

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by mjkpmk_423, Sep 29, 2021.

1. mjkpmk_423

mjkpmk_423 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Good morning all! My wife and I want to come in February (17-21) but airfare is crazy!!! Any suggestions on websites or best times to book for the best airfare prices?

2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    Keep searching and you might find a deal. Winter airfare is normally quite a bit more than summer. We have our tickets for early March and mid-June already, The March airline tickets are about twice the cost as mid-June.
    Options are the standard web sites ..... carriers (delta, unites, sun, etc..), priceline, expedia....... You might also find a coupon if you search that will save a few dollars.

So here is one tip...clear your browser or use another computer, and then search dates that are two days away from your perspective travel dates, but not your actual travel date. AND select the option, if available, to allow quotes for alternate/flexible dates. Seems like the dates searched are sometimes the the highest and rates a day or two away are lower. Delta will have a whole grid on dates that are close and prices vary greatly. Or think about changing your hotel reservation dates to match the lowest flight rate.

Also, cheapest days to fly to Cancun (at least from our airport) are usually on Tuesdays. Prices can also depend on what day of the week you are searching, not traveling on, but the day you are purchasing the ticket. There is an urban myth that plane tickets are cheapest 90 days from flight... don't know if it's true, usually don't wait that long.

Red eye flights can be cheap if you don't mind extended layovers.

I have a friend who uses a clearing house travel site where he pays a $25 yearly membership. The dates are not flexible but he gets some crazy cheap flights. He is going from North Dakota to Athens to Paris and then back to ND next week for $500 a ticket. Last Feb he went to Cancun (roundtrip) from ND for $210 a ticket. He waits for a cheap /interesting destination, books the flight, and then finds lodging. I'll try and get the site from him later and post it.

3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    upload_2021-9-29_14-7-52.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice