Advice Needed For Future Solo Travler

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Pat369, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Pat369

Pat369 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Hello all! I am in need some advice. I have been trolling this website reading reviews and members posts for a while and have decided that I am going to give it a shot! I'd like some advice or input from current members. I will be traveling solo, I am a 31 year-old guy. I plan on staying for a week either towards the end of august or early September. How is the weather during that time of year? I hopefully will be on the Boobs Cruise since I have read a lot about that as well. I was wondering what rooms (bash tower) would be better for someone who is more active. General tips and advice are also appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    It’s hot! Very hot! Get a master suite and have a party.

3. Pat369

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I'm looking forward to some hot weather. I didn't think about a master suite but I guess that could be an easy way to make some friends. Thanks for the tip! I'm not sure if it because its just January and it looks like most of the conversations going on here are around jan-march, but is this the most popular time of year, would it be worth delaying my trip? As a single guy I know that the more people around the better my first experience will be, I'm pretty outgoing an don't have a hard time making friends but the more people around the better.

4. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    There is a good crowd in the week around Labor Day weekend. That group will post an informal roll call thread soon, if they haven't already. I went for Labour Day one year, and it's hot, but perfectly fine if you stay in the pool. Of course, it's hurricane season, so you are taking your chances, but the odds are low of your holiday being blown up by a storm. Try not to piss off karma before you go. ;)

My observation from being on this site for years (previously under a different username) is that there is no cohesive group in September after Labour Day, and I bet the resort is rather quiet, so I would avoid that time frame if you want a good party. There is an early to mid October group ("Octoberbreast"), and then there is a big crowd of regulars at Halloween. I hear that Halloween is epic at the resort....one of these days I'm going to make a trip at that time.

5. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    We’ve been the last few weeks of August twice now. The resort is much quieter during the week, but it’s still a party. The singles don’t seem to have any trouble fitting in and meeting people.

It does get much busier on the weekends, but truthfully it seems like groups coming in. They tend to hang out with each other and not socialize as much.

The resort is much cheaper during that time period. Lots of teachers it seems... last hurrah before school?

6. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    We've got the labor day crew signup thread already going, and looks like we already have 30+ people going...

And lets not forget that its not nearly as hot when somebody throws a beer bucket full of ice on your head right? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Pat369

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I've already subscribed and am watching the thread! I have to wait until it gets a little closer before I book my flights but I think I'm convinced to stay over labor day

8. Pat369

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    That makes sense. I guess since it being Cancun, the most popular times would be around spring break, that and the fact it isn't blazing hott and humid quite yet. Unfortunately this year I don't have an option but for August/September. However, if I enjoy it as much as everyone on this forum has I will most definitely be back if for no other reason to visit new found friends!

9. Pat369

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I think I am going to do the labor day and try and get in with the labor day group. Between that and Halloween it seems like the last groups until jan/feb rolls around. I appreciate the insight and help. I might try the Halloween next year after I see how this year goes!

10. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Late Nov thru early Feb are often rather chilly in Cancun, though sometimes the weather can be great. Hit and miss. April and May are the epic months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice