Advertising/Design Oportunities

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by j9stecca, Jan 10, 2013.

1. j9stecca

j9stecca Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All,

This is my first post. My husband and I are both Designers. We are hoping to one day retire in the Riviera Maya, but I can't wait that long. Does anyone know of any opportunities for work in Advertising/Design in this area. I am self employed and my husband works for a local agency. We could work for a company or seek out our own clients. All thoughts are welcome.

I have decided not to sit back and wait for my dream to come to me. So starting this year, I am full steam ahead with making this move.

Would love to hear some thoughts.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    As I mentioned in the PM there are probably lots of opportunities for advertising and design due to the touristic nature of the area. There probably is quite a bit of competition though, but if you have something special to offer I don't see why it couldn't be a success.

Lack of Spanish (you mentioned previously) could be a problem since you'll be excluding a large part of your potential market.

3. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Steve. There are TONS of design jobs out there right now, but there is also a whole lot of competition. You'll need to use word-of-mouth and personal relationships to get business going, plus some serious skills to stand out from the crowd, but there is work to be had :)

Good luck!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    Just thinking about this some more. What kind of advertising and design do you do?

Is it online (graphics, logos etc) or offline (physical print, signage etc).

I think online would be much easier to do down here and there's no reason for you to lose your existing business.

5. j9stecca

j9stecca Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We do it all, marketing materials, ie: brochures, logos, etc., web, advertising you name it—We have both been in the business a while. I am sure we could bring some work with us from the US, but I was wondering how I may contact any advertising/marketing companies that may already have an existing client base in the area that we could assist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice