About the new ads

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Aug 11, 2004.

?

Your opinion on the ads?

1. Dont like them

100.0%
  2. They dont bother me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I like them, they could add value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    You will have noticed that there are now some ads appearing at the foot of the page.

These are Ads served by Google and should be contextual, which means that the content of the post is examined and ads related to the subject are displayed.

I hope that they dont spoil your enjoyment of the forum, in fact it could well be possible that they complement it by providing links to related services.

I thought I would trial them for a while and see how they worked. As ever, I appreciate your feedback so please vote in the poll (no need to post a message).

Please let me know via this thread if there are any strange ads displayed.

One final thing please dont click the ads just for the hell of it or to try them out, multiple clicks from the same IP or anamalous click thru rates could lead to me getting banned from using them.

2. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't even notice them until after you mentioned them Steve. :-|

3. ddcam1

ddcam1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Me either. How long have they been there?

Deb

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ditto! I never noticed them....then I saw Sparkey reference to them in the G spot thread and I still had no clue what the heck he was talkin about.....didn't register til I just clicked over here and saw your post.

But to answer the question....now that I've seen them, I don't mind them as they are not poping up on my screen and I can easily choose to ignore them all together since they are all the way at the bottom of the page.

The type of ads that I don't like are the ones that interfear with my free surfing and require me to take extra steps to get rid of them. Or those ads that have flashing wild colors that distract your eyes...hate those!

And I don't like getting spammed for participating on a particular messege board. If I start getting private emails from google "all of a sudden," then I'll change my position on this issue....but to my knowledge, they don't do that sorta stuff.

Michelle

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Right now, the only thing about them I don't like is they sandwich the quick links to the other CancunCare pages between ads. This makes the links less noticeable.

6. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Didn't notice em until you mentioned this...Thanks for asking for OUR input on YOUR site Steve...

Since I didn't notice them...they can't have bothered me...and can only bring good things I suppose :D

7. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    yup, i didn't notice them either!! i tend to ignore such ads, but they may be useful to others.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Add me to the list of those who didn't notice the ads until reading this thread...

But I am with Michelle. Ads long as they aren't pop ups and I don't start get getting unsolicited e-mails I have no problem with them.

Karan

9. hkplayer

hkplayer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Myself included, I didnt notice them until mentioned. Realizing that you may have to keep with the tone and theme of the board - it would probably be too much to put at the top of the page (ie under cancuncare.com logo) since that could start bugging others. But then again, it could be more useful to new users and such (for the purpose of exposure and in creating revenue).

But anyways 8)

10. SirMoose

SirMoose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am somewhere between Dont bother me and Could add value. I did notice the clicking on the cancuncare logo at the top of the page no longer takes you to the fourm index. That will take some getting used to!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice