A trip so awesome only a TR this long will do!

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by RnJ, Mar 3, 2012.

1. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    What a trip! Does this place keep getting better every time you repeat? It’s hard to imagine topping this one, but we’ll definitely be back again to try!

I’ll try to hit all the highlights; they may not be quite in the right order, but nobody reading this cares about that anyway. Oh, and forgive me any misspelled (or flat wrong) names – I love you all even if I call you Suzy or Bob!

Thursday: We didn’t miss our flight! (major improvement over previous trip) We knew we wanted to be in pretty good shape for lingerie night, always one of our favorite nights of the week, so we did the unthinkable and DIDN’T drink on the plane. We did hit the crazy-expensive airport kiosk pretty hard before jumping in the shuttle. Then, what can I say about walking up to the sexy pool for the first time on a trip? As a first-timer, that was actually a fairly apprehensive moment, wondering what exactly you’ve gotten yourself into. But when you already know what you’ve gotten yourself into, there’s nothing like the feeling of walking around that corner and seeing everyone soaking in the world’s best party and knowing you’re about to join in, and wondering exactly what sort of awesomeness you’re going to experience this time.

I don’t remember exactly who we met on what day, but it was great seeing Dan and Kristeen again, and then starting to meet others from CC for the first time in real life. Whether it was the first day or not, we were soon friends with Jason and Christi and Jeff and Janet. A lot of people from here were out on Steve’s sold-out cruise that afternoon, so we met them later or Friday.

lingerie Night, as usual, was a blast. Not so much the part in Nice Shoes, which is fun, but later at PatyO’s where we danced the first night away in our skivvies with all our new, gorgeous, nearly-naked friends. There’s no faster way to get past the awkwardness of meeting new people than to meet them while dancing in your underwear. Security was lax with nudity, letting the ladies in our group dance topless for an hour or more. We don’t have any pictures from that night, so I’m not exactly sure who we met, but we were dancing in a great group of at least 15 people. We weren’t quite blacked out (a real feat for Day 1, especially landing at noon!), but faces are fuzzy.

Friday: Woke up while breakfast was still being served – score! Had to deal with a room change through part of the day (I asked for a double shower and one bed, not double beds and a single shower!), but we toughed it out at the sexy pool, lazing and reading at first, then starting to really meet many of the great people that make TTR our favorite vacation spot. By that afternoon we had met the Idaho (no, you da ho!) crew and gathered around their raft for what would be the most innocent, but certainly not the last, time! It made a great floating meeting place, and we plan to bring one next time. I’m actually pretty glad you guys didn’t bring the right cups to play beer pong on it – we made MUCH better use of it!

That was also our first introduction to our great new friends from way up north in Quebec (Hughes & Sabrina, Charles/Pepito & Caroline, Gino & Virginy). Apparently Idaho and Quebec only produce women who are the world’s friendliest models and men… who are lucky to have them! (Of course I’m just kidding guys – you’re all great! Well, and we’re all lucky to have our beautiful ladies!) Our introduction to the Quebecois… well, it was pure Pepito; that’s all I can say here. The afternoon was spent talking, drinking, and eventually making plans to go to The City with the resort that night. But first we had dinner, then the White Night show at PatyO’s which was pretty good – those dancers are hot! We also met (at least) Troy and Joyce and Joe and Arianne from Boston, and spent some more time with the Deeds and Jeff and Janet before heading out to The City with Scott, Chelsea, Eric, Britney, and a busload of other people. That place is huge; the music was good and the dancers were good, but a little hard to see, but like Jess mention in her TR, it was a huge, 18-year old sausage fest. Hung out at PatyO’s a little more afterward and met Lenni and Jodie briefly near the end of a 24-hour travel day. There would be much more to come from those two!

Saturday: Pool party day, plus DJ at the sexy pool all afternoon! It doesn’t get better than that outside of a Boobs Cruise! After the games at the pool, the DJ started up, and out came the raft and the whipped cream. Wow did we make a lot of friends that day! Sorry, details withheld to protect the wild, but do yourself a favor: bring along some alcoholic whipped cream, a raft, and an instigator like Lenni. Oh, and do try to meet a Lucha Libre ring girl in town to do some modeling (!!!)

As the sun dropped and the pool cleared out, Lenni (again!) talked security into letting us hit the premiere hot tub. And “us” was 17 people. Then it was time to clean up, “nap”, get some dinner and head to the pool party. Thanks again, Dan and Kristeen, for saving us from the buffet that night! The pool party has been my favorite night at TTR all 3 trips. I LOVE dancing, and more people get into it on Saturday than any other night. It also helps to be able to strip down (or not) and jump in the pool when you get hot. The sexy dancers got things started with another great show, then the DJ starts and the dance floor is open next to the sports pool. Our circle of friends kept getting bigger all week; in addition to the people we already knew, I think that was the night we met Tom and Theresa, and Mark and Laura, and also ran into a couple of our old friends from last February, Rob and Quince. We were at it for hours, but alas the big day caught up to Jess after she wound up in the pool (pushed by Britney or jumped? We’ll never know!) and we turned in about 2.

Sunday was our quietest day; between recovering from a big day on Saturday and wanting to keep things reigned in in anticipation of the Boobs Cruise on Monday, we kept it relatively low key. We did discover the hammocks that day – seriously, OMG, they make me talk like an excited teenage girl. I don’t usually like hammocks, but these are oversized and hang all the way from the ceiling looking out over the ocean and are so comfortable. Give ‘em a try when you need to just chill for a bit. That night was Anything Goes, which we’ve never seen and missed again, and live band at PatyO’s, but we left before they got started. We were in bed about midnight (gasp!), dreaming of a catamaran full of dancing topless ladies.

Monday: Boobs Cruise!! Woke up in time to get breakfast beforehand, then met the group at PatyO’s. I quickly realize we’re the only ones among the people we already know who don’t have a drink in hand at 9:30. It’s gonna be a good, good day. Mark offers to get me a beer while we wait for everyone to pay, and the day is rolling. We met lots more people on the boat, including Eric and Jen, delo1311, JimNLisa, E&G (go CATS!), and AngND.

But what is there to say about the Boobs Cruise that hasn’t already been said, and that doesn’t violate everyone’s privacy? Not much. It was an incredible day. Chinos and Omar can get a party started and keep it going all day like no one I’ve ever seen, and the boat was full of party people. The fun goes beyond what you’ll see on even the most lenient day at the sexy pool, so be warned! Nobody has to participate in any part of the day, but even if you just sit back and relax you’re likely to see things you haven’t seen before in public! But why would you want to sit back – get up and join the fun! A couple of practical tips: getting in the water at either stop (snorkeling or skinny-dipping) WILL involve some swimming, which will be harder than you think after drinking. The skinny dipping in particular is a few hours into the cruise and sans lifejacket – I’d recommend jumping in near the back of the boat so you don’t have to swim all the way around when you hit the water and think, oh sh1t!, I’ve actually gotta swim now!

After the cruise, we closed the sexy pool down, and once again it involved the raft and some whipped cream. Good times. Very good times. After that we were all pretty worn out. I think we somehow made it until 2 or so (pretty impressive after a Boobs Cruise!) but we backed way off the drinking between dinner and bed. I think this was the night I met Ailie (either way, great meeting you!) Got in some more dancing at PatyO’s and dreamed about all our new friends.

Tuesday: We had been talking to people, including the Quebec and Idaho crews about going to Coco Bongo this night. It wasn't with the resort, but we got enough interest that Gino took the lead and bought 20 VIP tickets and arranged a bus. So we knew it would be a late night and spent the day a little more restrained. We had to miss karaoke that night, which was quite the sacrifice for Jess and I, but we were tired of being told how we HAVE to go to Coco Bongo at least once. So now let me say: you HAVE to go to Coco Bongo at least once! The shows are incredible, the music and sound system are great, there’s plenty of opportunity to dance if you want to (which was my big concern – that I’d be sitting on a stool watching a show all night. That wasn’t the case at all. You can dance before, during, and after the shows, and the ladies can even dance up on the stage overlooking the crowd!) One more thing: ladies, you all looked KILLER that night! (Guys, we even looked alright!) We’ve got some great pics of the group that I’ll get to you soon.

Got back to the resort about 4 or 4:30, and of course we’re greeted at PatyO’s by Lenni. Lenni, I assume you slept for 2 days straight when you got home! Burgers and bed, and slept til noon.

Wednesday: Last Day. The pain starts to set in, but we’re determined to have fun on our last day. We get to the sexy pool and find out we missed Britney in Miss Temptation! Not a good start. But our energy (and drinking) pick up when Sara asked me if I would be in the Ironman contest. I told her I’d seen it before and know the big joke (sorry newbs, you’ll have to enter and find out for yourself!), she said no worries, so I was in. A couple of shots and a rum drink get me primed and ready, and I guess they did the trick, because I am now the reigning Ironman of TTR (for about 3 more days)! Well then of course we had to celebrate with all our new friends/cheering section, so it was another great day in paradise. There was more whipped cream and raft action, along with some topless women’s Twister (which is actually not as sexy as it sounds, shockingly enough. I blame Lenni for his poor spinning skills.) We met a few more people that afternoon, including Whitney and her guy (sorry, don’t remember your name) and got what has to be the best group picture ever taken in the sexy pool – 20 sexy people, all smiling and looking at the camera.

That night the DJ was back at PatyO’s, so we vowed to stop drinking by midnight but keep dancing as long as the urge moved us, despite our 9:45 shuttle back to the cold northlands. It was a great last night with a lot of our new friends, and we even met a few more at the last minute. Ryan and Michelle- it was great talking to you and I hate that that was our only chance; you guys seem like a great couple. Hopefully we can all be back next year.

Just a few last minute thoughts: the food seemed to have slipped a notch, particularly at the buffet, but was still good-to-great. Security was… honestly I never saw them. There was never a time I thought they needed to be around and weren’t, so I thought that was perfect. I knew they were around if they were needed, but as long as there were no tempers flaring they stayed in the shadows. The crowd was great. I noticed late at night there were more single guys (or maybe just guys out later than their ladies?) than I had realized, but they were never an issue for us or anyone we talked to.
    I’ll try to remember how to resize pictures and post the PG/non-incriminating ones in the thread later or in a couple of days.

Also, shout out to Bill & Chris, Laid Back Lenny and his lovely wife, Vicky and Travis(?? I may have botched that one! But it was nice meeting you guys even though we didn’t have much time together!), PinaColadaLuvr, and everyone I know I’m forgetting. I can’t believe it’s over and I can’t wait to get back. To all our new friends and those we failed to meet: thanks for making TTR an amazing, unique vacation.

2. rock and debby

rock and debby Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Awesome trip report glad you had a blast again,we are there again in three weeks kinda of thinking like you guys ,can it be as much fun as last year

3. twoxtrouble4u

twoxtrouble4u Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Great TR. The people are what make TTR the place we all love.

4. pls615

pls615 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome trip report thanks makes me want June to come that much sooner

5. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    I forgot to clarify - this is Ryan's report. Jess gave her version in the other thread.

Edit to add: nevermind, that was pretty obvious.

6. blh902

blh902 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0
    Great report. March 14 cannot get here fast enough.

7. blufforbust

blufforbust Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Great Report. Thanks

8. jimbo64

jimbo64 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Thanks for the report, they make it so much better between visits.

9. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Great trip report....sounds like the usual fun filled trip......Did I read that correctly???? they played anything goes???
    :bowdown:

10. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Great to meet you guys, hopefully we will do it again next year!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice