A New Resort?

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by candens, Dec 25, 2015.

1. candens

candens Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    This may have been discussed already - so if I missed it, sorry. We just got back from a winter vacation at TTR and DRM. At Desire, they are building a new resort next door - owned by Original. We asked and they said it will be a Temptation concept, topless, party and couples only. It looks really nice. They said it should open by summer (it looks close to completion and they were working on it) and it does not have a name yet. Just curious if anyone else has any information on this new resort?

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    It is a secrets resort called Breathless. I don't think it is supposed to be anything like Temptation Resort.

3. candens

candens Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Thanks - I thought they implied they owned it, my mistake. I looked at the Secrets website and that is the resort - Thanks!

4. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Their plans are to open April 1. At least that is the first night you can reserve a room. They market themselves as an all adult party resort, but I think it's a much tamer party than we are used to at TTR. It seems like the kind of place that the people who write bad reviews of TTR would go and then come back home and tell their friends how wild they were.

5. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
  6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    After looking at the Rates for Breathless , I was left Breathless

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have been to Secrets before. They are fun and there is fun to be found but it's definitely not TTR fun and you would be out of place for sure in Wicked Weasle :)

We'll pass.

8. boydkc

boydkc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We are headed to the new Breathless in Cabo in March after our January Trip to TTR we will put in a review after . We love the weather on the Pacific side and feel TTR should definitely go back there.

9. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    Just a FYI - Breathless is a new resort brand from AMResorts which is heavily owned by Apple Vacations.

AMResorts other resort brands, Secrets, Dreams, Now and Zoetry do not allow topless. These are "American themed" resorts and cater to the more prudish vacationer and families

Although in the Breathless PR material they have stated that it will be "adults only with a sexy vibe" - IMHO, "maybe" a topless optional pool(although the one in Punta Cana dosen't allow topless) - if you look at AMResorts other existing resort brands, "topless" is somewhat of a new concept for them...

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice