A Million Little Pieces

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by apple, May 24, 2006.

1. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, i've just borrowed a million little pieces (james frey) from a friend of mine. and yes. i do know that he was found out to be a fraud and the book is fiction not non fiction as he claimed it was.

however, im curious if anyone else has read this book yet?

i just started yesterday and im totally engrossed (as he does seem to have a vivid imagination) but i am having difficulty with the way its written. sentence by sentence. no real paragraphs. just kinda like its spit out. i guess to me it doesnt flow very well. :-|

anyone elses thoughts on this?

2. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anyone :-|

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Am surprised there's no one from Oprah's book club here.

4. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    me too :cry:

5. Tina

Tina Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just ordered the paperback version a few days ago, so I'll be back once I finish it this weekend!

6. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well i've just started. once you get it and start reading it. let me know what you think of his writing style and if im the only one that finds it difficult

7. MOOSEY

MOOSEY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im reading it now apple, almost done...

im pretty sure a lot of the events still did happen, they are just embelished a lot...which is fine by me because it makes a great story..

i agree about the way it was written... but in the same breath it almost puts you inside his head, which is pretty intriguing

8. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah :clap:

intriguing is the exact word that i use to describe it. it just takes some getting used to thats all.

although, i cant see why no one thought to question some of his story right of the bat. i mean right on the first page theres a red flag for me.

i think this is accurate, i think alot of it is embelished ALOT :roll:

but yet at the same time, i am very drawn into the story. its a shame he had to lie about it cause if he just said that it was not real then he could have described as a great story teller. he will just now be the guy that lied

9. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oooooooooook i finally finished this book last night. (yes slower than most but i generally just read on the train in the evenings)

and i have to say. i really really enjoyed it. despite the fact it was hard to read at first(got much easier) and i just took it as a story because i know most of it was embelished....

i would say if you can make it past his detox phase youre in for a good book! highly recomend it..it was emotional, funny, engaging..he really had a wonderful story to tell.

cant wait to pick up the next book, my friend leonard...which picksup where it left off.

10. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read it, and even though I knew it wasn't completely true, I still enjoyed the story.

:cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice