A little concerned going to GOV 3/6

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by scampty, Feb 27, 2014.

1. scampty

scampty Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We know that you have to take Tripadvisor reviews with a grain of salt, however, there have been a few that have noted people being bumped to other hotels along with a recent post on the Facebook page about this. Does anyone know anything about this? We booked the GOV after going to the Golden Parnassus for the last 5 years because of all of the bumping at that resort. We arrive next Thursday and have no Desire to be sent to some other resort.

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Your arrival time has a factor into the odds of you being bumped.
    Hotels have a turn over every day , so the earlier you get their the better.

3. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The posts that I read implied that the bumping was related to a water main break at GOV. To be honest, GOV is so HUGE, I really can't imagine them having to bump anyone, However, I don't blame you for being worried.

4. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    We arrived on a Tues about 1:00pm and we told that they did not have a room for us...they wanted to send us to Sens. Something about delayed flights and those people that were affected could not leave the resort so we would have to go to another resort. After explaining that we booked specifically for the adult concepts and asking for Valentina, there miraculously "is ONE room left." Really?? one room?
    We will post a trip report hopefully tonight but this did not start our stay on very good terms. We did enjoy the people we met there and did have fun!

5. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Amazing how that happens.... LOL We are meeting about 20 other couples and arriving with 2 other couples, so 'bumping' isnt an option. I have faith that Valentina will do everything possible to take care of us. After all, considering the group we have, it might be an issue with the guests at the other resort when they meet us....LOL

6. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    If they try to bumped me out, believe me they will know what's my name is.

Never get bump, and the fact I'll be there around noon will help.

But for me, I didn't paid 3000 $ to be bump to another resort that I do not want to go.
    I'll just tell them, well if you bump me, I'm pretty sure other hotel will be happy to have me as a customer. And you'll not believe what kind of review you will have on Cancuncare and trip advisor. Believe me, I don't turn my tongue in my mouth, as Ben know I'm really direct and when I have something to say, I say it, no mather what.

I want what I pay for, that's it that's all :)

7. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Just tell them you did not pack any bikini tops and your bottoms are strings

8. Valentina-Concept Manager

Valentina-Concept Manager Grand Oasis Viva Management Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please please please!!!! Send me an email before you come to make sure this situtation does not happen to any of cancuncare members.... We are experiencing some issues with reservations and some days the hotel is overbooked, so PLEASE!!! send an email vbiegun@oasishoteles.com, thank you very much :)

9. JimCarrie

JimCarrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thank you Valentina, just the effort on your part brings peace of mind to many of us...
    sounds like YOU are exactly what GOV needs right now to transition from a "good" hotel property/location into a "great" adult resort experience.
    And yes, we WILL be eMailing you before we arrive in April... looking forward to meeting you!

10. Valentina-Concept Manager

Valentina-Concept Manager Grand Oasis Viva Management Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is true that we are experiencing some issues with a pipe broken and we are now working hard to get it fixed ASAP. As any other resort, this situations can not be planed and with a hotel that is 100% we didnĀ“t have other option tan send some people to sister resorts. However, please please please, send me an email before you arrive so I can pass on the information to Front Desk and avoid this kind of situations to any guest from the community or Cancuncare. Thank you once again for your understanding.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice