A/c Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by CPCancun, Aug 12, 2019.

1. CPCancun

CPCancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Can’t wait to get there Labor Day weekend. I know it’s still pretty hot there so just wondering about the room temps. I’ve read a couple of reviews that the a/c didn’t work well. My wife and I like it (need it) cold when we sleep, especially after being out in the heat all day. Can anyone speak to similar experiences or, like us, need it 70 (f) or below to sleep well?

Hate to be a bitch before I even get there but we stayed in the Dominican a few years ago. They refused to move us to a different room, while our friends had great cold air. It ruined that trip, never again... BTW, never had a problem at other places in Cancun either.

2. LEMO

LEMO Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +353 / 0
    Our experience with the A/C post renovation has been good. No issues making the room temp comfortably cool.

3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Same but be sure patio door is shut all the way and or latched as there was s sensor that cut off the AC when opened.
    Also there is a motion sensor.
    tape or hang a piece of tp or similar to supply vent so that it constantly moves so sensor senses movement.
    This is great at night when motionless and the AC idles back.
    You might also bring a small fan.

4. CPCancun

CPCancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks for the feedback, never heard of the motion sensor but makes sense with the conservative. I have bought fans before but will get it in Cancun if needed. Thanks again...

5. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    The work-around seems to be a piece of tape or cellophane near the sensor. That keeps the AC working. I believe somebody had a fix for the door closure as well.

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    yup!
    a small magnet is the fix for the door.’
    But with door open the floors can get even slicker because if the humidity.
    Meaning water on the floor!

7. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    I love to sleep in the cold, her, not so much. There were plenty of times when we had to turn the AC down actually because it got a little chilly in our room.

Should have no prob. If it got too cold, we opened up the patio door for 5 min and back to normal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice