3 short things:-)))

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancunscorpio, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Cancunscorpio

Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats on the new project! :)

Underwater cameras here are really expensive for what you get. I guess it depends how often you'll be needing it before you get the decent camera. If it's not frequent, the one-use disposables are ok and you can have Walmart burn the pics to a disc. People say the "plastic bag" protectors actually work (I've seen them in Plaza Forum, though they're probably elsewhere). You put your regular digi in and seal the bag. I'm skeptical. :) You can also find disposable cameras with a re-usable casing, just a little more expensive than the the regular one-users. You can check the major department stores for water resistant digis, but even the low end models are pricy, at least for what you get and compared to US or Canadian shopping. I have a regular Sony digi with a Sony waterproof case that has served me well for years, you might check to see if your digital brand has cases from the manufacturer.

Side note, I just had my camera cleaned, full of sand and grit. This is a camera that I don't have a waterproof case for. The camera with the case has been well-protected whether I bring it in the water or not, sand and grit-free. Being on the beach or in the dusty jungle a lot puts tear on your camera, I recommend a case if you can find one, snorkeling or not.

3. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great idea about the case, Canuck! I know sand and water are a camera's biggest enemies, but had never thought of just buying a waterproof case for mine. Thanks for the tip! I'm also glad the camera repaid place worked out well for you. :)

Susan

4. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    De nada,Igor. After a quick trip to Ohio and your arrival, we should get together and, uhm, uhm, chew the schmaltz herring, so to speak! Woot woot! Glad something came of it all!

5. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's septiambre! Those prepaid phones often don't get topped off in time. Be patient, dude. It's meant to be!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice