3 Resort Sampler, Opinions Please.

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Patrick J. ODay, May 24, 2021.

1. Patrick J. ODay

Patrick J. ODay Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, the wife and I are considering doing a couple days at each resort (Temptation, Desire and Desire pearl ) this upcoming February, we have been to Temptation once for a week in May of 2019. It was fun but honestly a bit too PG (drunkenness not withstanding)
    The tentative plan would be to hit Temptation first perhaps on Thursday, Friday, then Desire Saturday and Sunday, and finish of with Pearl Monday and Tuesday. The idea is to get warmed up with the party, get freaky at Desire and then relax (still freakily) the last two days at Pearl.
    Anyone see a major problem with this plan?
    Thank in advance for your opinion!
    P&C

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    Hello there,

While I think it's a great idea to visit ANY of these 3 resorts, I think only spending 2 days at each is doing yourself a disservice. Part of the thrill of the resorts is meeting people and getting to know them. It's not a must, but it helps to make a good experience better. If you are at the same resort for 4 - 5 days, it gives you a chance to be friendly (maybe even make friendships) and get comfortable with seeing the same people during your stay. I feel popping in for a quick 2-day visit doesn't give you enough time to settle in and get your bearings. There's also the hassle of unpacking/repacking all your belongs every other day, which would probably take some fun out of the vacation.

My husband and I have been to all 3 resorts and love them all for different reasons. Often we do a split-trip, where we spend 3-4 days at one resort then 3-4 days at another.

It's obviously up to you how you spend your time and you should have fun no matter which resort(s) you are in.

3. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    We had our first resort 3some a couple years ago and did it over 12 days. Kath had won 2 free nights at Desire RM so we followed the same routine / order of visits as the OP but spent longer at Temptation before leaving for RM.

It’s a great way to see all 3 in 1 trip but we agree that it’s hard to experience the new friendships developing when you’ve still hit your bags picked and 1 foot out the door (in your brain ).

We say try it and then report back. Hope you have a blast and a great nakation

4. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    We've been to TTR and Desire and have done split trips, haven't been to Pearl thanks to Covid cancelling it on us last year. I would probably split a trip again if I could do at least 4 nights at each but I feel splitting it over 3 resorts would only happen if our vacation was 2 weeks. It's a lot of moving around, packing up and unpacking.. sounds like a lot of work!

5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    ya, never done a split trip and don't plan on it but have thought about it. When we try a Desire resort later this year it will be all-in for a week. The packing and unpacking would be miserable for us and ruin a day. Definitely prefer to settle in and forget about what day it is for a while.

6. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    I wouldn't do it just because of all the time you will loose. Between packing bags, transfer, check in , 20 minutes of thanks but I don't want a "tour of the resort", unpack bags Party for a day and a half and do it again. No thanks.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Our only issue with the plan is that it's a lot of "moving."

Also, you'll be having such a good time at DRM then go to Pearl and everything will s l o w d o w n a LOT. If you like that, knock yourself out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice