23rd December - Changeover Day

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Today is December 23rd, the day of the full changeover to the new concept.

Jannet and I are heading on over to see what's going on and to catch up on things with Valentina. Should be a fun day as Chinos is coming too.

Ah, the sacrifices I must make for my job!

2. aragincajun

aragincajun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    we truly appreciate all the "sacrifices" that u make steve! :icon_mrgreen::xyxthumbs: have fun and let us know how it goes...cc

3. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know all of GOVs employees were really looking forward to today!!! Always forgot if it was the 21 or 23 !!!! Will be curious and very interested in what you see, but its still very early.
    Tell Daniel "Hi".

4. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Steve and Jannet....enjoy the day!!! I woke up this morning thinking about today being the day for the new concept!!! It will be fun with Chinos for sure!!
    Say goodbye quiet resort and hello crazy fun!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
    Just 8 weeks for us!!

5. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Steve, in the spirit of your "job" I expect a full report on the results of your market research, complete with pics.

Just kidding (about the pics only!). Have fun!

6. T&C.

T&C. Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    Can't wait to read the trip report. We look forward to visiting next fall.

7. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Okay...I'm now officially stalking CCC, waiting for the trip report.

Somebody always has to lead the charge of the crazies, and I'm glad it's going to be you, Jannet and Chinos!

8. Knakrd

Knakrd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very interested in your visit and report of the new addition to the CC stable :xyxthumbs:

Maybe a change of venue will work wonders for me :)

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    PEOPLE GOING TO GOV IN JANUARY THROUGH APRIL!!

Sorry for the shouting....

Please write thorough Trip Reports for everyone after you come back to home and the real world, sober up, and feel coherent enough to let us all in on the GOV!

Keys of an excellent Trip Report are the following elements:

1. Identify yourself, including who you travelled with, if by nickname/screen-nym or regular old name, so be it.

2. Let us know from whence you hail, i.e. where you left from to go to the place about which you are writing.

3. Set the scene, i.e. don't just go right into the commentary, but let people know about why you were going, even if it's only something like: "Wife & I hadn't been on vacation in five damn years, and she's been working out so much I wanted to see her in a thong. It's cold as hell in Boise," whatever.

4. Tell us how your travel went, it's almost always entertaining to hear how other people hate the actual "traveling" part of travel as much as you do, reading it.

5. Tell who you met, and try to keep that in order, as it helps to set the stage for the story telling.

6. At least one hilarious thing that happened must be described with some amount of detail. It's the detail that captures the imagination and fires the Desire to "go and see the place" in readers. No need to go into the sex stories, unless you just want to, but Steve might need to blank your post because of the adverts, so funny is better here than sexy. Use of innuendo is encouraged.

7. Place shout-outs in the Trip Report. I know I LOVE reading about myself in other people's texts, so I "assume" that other people like to be recognized as well.

8. Some folks use pics, which Steve's site can host, and you can just copy over the http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/grand-oasis-viva/ thingees and Wallah! A 1,000 word essay, without having to write it.

9. Keep the endings short and abrupt,a nd tell everyone how soon you'll be back. That irritates people and makes them want to beat you back. (That dude just left and he's going to be there AGAIN before I get to go... Not gonna happen...")).

Thank you muchly in advance.

yes, I said muchly.

10. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    The sacrifice Steve, Im impressed! If you, Janet, and Chinos want to stop by the end of February, I'm sure you would be more than welcome!

And a second on the trip reports. Going to be a few CCC'rs heading that way in the next month, really want to hear back on your adventures.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice