2020 Prices Going Up

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bart/Annette, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    The 2020 Premier prices are going up which is not exactly a surprise. The quote I got from Premier recently had my high season nights going up $14 from 2019, which is 4.7%. Seems a little high, although about in line with the projected Mexican inflation rate.

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    What's interesting to me is that Temptation is still sort of near the bottom (or the left on a bell curve) of other hotels in Cancun which offer similar "amenities." Those other hotel's "vibe" is boring as all get out usually, but their standard room rates seem to be about $50 to $100 more Per Night. It's interesting.

I mean, places like the Westin Cancun, which isn't even all-inclusive have prices over $500/night.

3. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Have to completely disagree with you. TTR prices are at the high end, even for members. We go Back occasionally now, just doesn’t have the draw it used to to us. Price increase didn’t help! We are drawn back also for reason not a lot are, nice gym, great volleyball games, good food. Btw, we were members of the Westin club Regina and stayed many times at the one in Cancun. The beach alone makes it trump the TTR facilities. And rates are not that high. $111 for two during same nights we are going. It’s not all inclusive.
    Not trying to pick a fight with a neighbor, just giving a different perspective!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    I normally agree with you John, but on this one I don’t. I think TTR is definitely on the high side. I have stayed in nicer places for less.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I don't know if we're talking about the same place. This place was a relatively new build in 2018... maybe 3 years old. It was all Westin - Cancun complex, but was a completely new structure down the beach a bit from the "old" part. Right on the wall in the main lobby when we checked in, Room rate posted at $549 per night. I mean, nobody pays full rate any longer in the days of Expedia, but that was quite a bit higher than TTR. We couldn't stand that beach, which also makes me think we're talking about a different place. But as changeable as Mexico beaches are, maybe it is the same...

6. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    We traded that membership to TTR because of the price increases at the Westin. Didn’t know they built a new one, the one I’m talking about is by club med. called Westin club and spa. Beach is crazy wide and soft there.

7. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    I think you're both right. In John's defense, just go to Expedia and search for hotels in the Hotel zone and sort by price from high to low. Temptation usually doesn't show up until about the third or fourth page. The exception would be if you are using the TTR published rate, which is a joke!

On the other hand, there are resorts in the area that are nicer than TTR that are cheaper.

TTR's success and very high occupancy rate in prior years was a result of a crazy high repeater rate. That has dropped significantly and was a part of strategy, at least that is what we were told by Premiere sales. It appears they will ride this horse until it dies.

Rates should be a function of supply and demand and rate is the big valve that drives occupancy. They shouldn't even think about a rate increase until they can keep the occupancy rate around 90%.

Sam

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13

Spot on John!
    This is exactly what Rayanne always preaches to folks whom complain about the price.
    And as you state...where else are you going to go with the vibe???
    And it is all inclusive with the food, alcohol, entertainment, and of course the facility...it is what it is.
    Hell, we went down town one night and spent $50 on some food and over $200 on tequila!
    I do feel for all our Canadian friends and the weak dollar, some thing like 72 cents of our ‘Merican dolla;)
    We are beginning to lose some of them as they feel they are getting priced out:(

9. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Sam, what you said/wrote above is precisely what I was reviewing when I went to back up my statement.

It's sort of all over the place, and depends on which lens one is looking at the issue. Being a member, I really didn't have any idea of the retail prices, so had to look it up. But, I've been hearing (on here at CCC a lot of it) that people are getting Expedia rates that challenge what Premier members can get, and that's what I was thinking. I know TTR's more expensive than it was, all I need to do is look at my A.I. charge from 4 years ago's confirmation $49) to the most recent one ($142) to know that.

And... I know you "could" stay at... what the name of the horrible hotel right next door to Temptation? You "could" stay there and save money, too. Sometimes... money is there to be spent. I still think that, depending on my mood and what I'm wanting to experience during the vacay... either TTR or DRM is where I prefer to go.

We stayed at the Ritz on St. Thomas for 4 days once... it was 2010. We loved it, but it was $560/night. But, it did feel like The Ritz, so there you go.

Rambling post, apologies. I really don't have a clear point, I think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Hey John,

How did you manage to have a most current AI rate of $142USD? Or is that maybe per person?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice