2009 Men's Open Tennis Tournament, RESULTS

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Oct 23, 2009.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    For those of you who enjoy tennis, Club Casablanca, Cancun, will host the 2009 Men's Open Tennis Tournament, 16-22 November.

[There's no discrimination, here, ladies: the 2009 Women's Open Tennis Tournament, also sponsored by Club Casablanca, was held this month.]

Further details, as they become available....

2. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Professional Tennis

The 2009 Cancun Men's Open Tennis Tournament is part of the ATP Challenger Tour, in which professional tennis players can earn points towards qualifying to participate in the major events sponsored by the ATP. TraceyUK says to expect some very high quality tennis at this event as some of the top 100 players in professional tennis will be participating.

For those who may not have heard about this before, here is an explanation of just what the ATP Challenger Tour is-

For further information, or to follow your favorite, professional tennis players, click here- http://www.atpworldtour.com/

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Update

Monday, November 16, marks the opening of the 2009 Cancun Men's Open Tennis Tournament, part of the ATP Challenger Tour, at Club Casablanca.

Club Casablanca is a beautiful venue for tennis, and the weather, especially pleasant outdoors, this time of year, will make for a great event.

Approximately 100 professional tennis players will be participating as they attempt to climb to the top in their sport, and qualify to play in major, ATP, events.

4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought Club Casablanca was on Bonempak? What's the name of the club on Bonempak then - now I'm getting confused :?

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    ERRATA

Thanks, Matkirk, for catching that (I had inadvertently written "hotel zone" as the location of Club Casablanca- as Matkirk pointed out- and, he is correct about it's location). It's said to be on Bonampak, at SM10, M2, L3.

Matkirk, can you give us some easy to locate points of reference, such as, "It's across from...," etc., as I have never been there and don't have any to offer.

For further details regarding this event, click on the link, below.

http://www.casablanca.com.mx/body/clubes/cancun/01Cancun_instala.php

6. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    The qualifiers start today and some of the young casablanca members are playing. Mys sons coach is playing in an attempt to get through to the main draw on monday.I will be cheering- should be fun.
    Tracey

7. TraceyUk

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    The main draw starts today at 2pm- forst on Center Court is a young guy from USA called Jordan Cox.
    Games continue until approx 9pm.
    Tracey

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    TICKET PRICES/AVAILABILITY

Hey, TraceyUK, I wonder if you could tell us something about ticket prices and availability- for non-members of Club Casablanca- for this event.

And, by the way, how'd your son's coach do? Did he make it through?

9. TraceyUk

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    My sons coach lost in the "nd round. Local interest is still present though. The head of Tennis at Casablanca - Marco Pacheco is due to play in the doubles today with Lapentti.The atmosphere should be great.
    First matches start at 11am today (wednesday).
    For prices call Casablanca 802 10 48.
    Tracey

10. TraceyUk

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Semi finals are today (saturday) start at 4.30pm and cost 50 pesos to get in.
    Tracey

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice