2 for 1 cards

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bluedreams, Mar 28, 2007.

1. bluedreams

bluedreams Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Eveveryone, Just some ? for you is it a good idea to get one of these 2 for 1 cards or not. and the booze cruise, we would love to go but i get real sea sick so is it not a good idea for me to go. :partytime: 17 days to go till we get there 15th till 29th

2. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know that you can get a good answer to that question here.

The majority of posters in this forum come from one of 3 groups,
    1. The BBG Cult
    2. Spring Breakers
    3. People who live/work in Cancun

BBG is an AI resort, so what would be the point for them?
    Breakers operate on impuse for the most part - planning outside of the next 30 to 60 minutes is pretty rare there.
    People who live & work in Cancun know where the best deals are without needing any help.

None of these groups would be Brandt's target market.

I think using the card is a blast, personally, but then again, I have an entertainment book for every major city I visit during the year, even if I'm only there for a week or two.

I did leave some discussion about the Cancun card in postings near the end of the posts at:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=343273#343273

PM me or post here if you'd like to discuss further.

Have fun in Cancun and a safe return.

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The 2 X 1 card is a good idea IF you are going to leave the resort to eat.

You can save quite a bit of money with it and it usually pays for itself the first time you use it. But you have to use it to make it worth while.

So if you plan on eating outside of BBG then I'd say get it....butif you don't, then save your money.

And there are plenty of people wholove BBG (or any AI) resort but still eat off the resort. I'm a prime example.....every time I go to BBG I eat at least half my meals outside the resort.

That's most likely more than the usual guest but my point is that AI guests want to explore Cancun's restauants and get away fro the resort every now and then.

Just because you bought AI does not mean the card would benefit you. It all depends on what you plan to do.

4. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Too bad about the booze cruise. The boat is only moving for about 2 hours there and 2 hours back. The rest of the time is on land on the island. People got sick last year but, it was from snorkling and swallowing too much salt water. I had gravel with me and handed out lots. It's a real good time.

Never done the 2 for 1 card. Always eat at the resort.

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I went to the Moon Palace (monster AI with nearly a dozen restaurants) for my honeymoon and still purchased the 2x1 card because we specifically planned to venture away from the resort and go a restaurant or two that were featured on the card. Paid for itself very quickly.

6. bluedreams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks

Thanks Guys for the infomation, I have to say im really glad i came agross this site we have the same sort of thing when we go to jamaica, and find it very helpfull, got my lingerie for the pj night 18 days to go :lotsofmichaelf:

7. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Case in point.
    Afficianados of the Entertainment card system know that this isn't where the real value of using the card lies.

[If the reason you buy Entertainment is to try and save a couple of bucks and you don't have a specific participating restaurant in mind (as in Michael's example), save your money - you don't get the point and you won't get your value from it.]

Short answer - If you're headed to BBG, it's probably not for you.

8. bluedreams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks glen/ monique, but for me its when the boat stops, thats when i get sick. If the boats moving fast them im ok but when it stops, ewwww lol think i will give it a miss :( Lesley

9. Naoautorizada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: thanks

I'd be interested to hear whether you ever go back to Jamaica once you've been to Cancun :)

Let us know once you get back.

10. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: thanks

I've visited Jamaica three times and I've been to Cancun once or twice :D... Will hopefully be doing both a couple more times before they stop letting me fly...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice