1st timers going late May-early June, Questions!!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Xcited08, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Xcited08

Xcited08 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    AHHH! I am so ecited! I cannot stay away from the computer looking at all of the wonderful pictures. This is our first trip to Cancun and it looks like I picked a great place to stay for our first trip.
    Couple of questions #1) We want to parasail, rent jetski's, and horseback ride, are all of these things and option within walking distance of temptations?
    #2) What is the weather like in late May- early June? It cannot be worse then Ohio weather so it really it's going to be wonderful either way!
    #3) Shopping? I was thinking of taking only a carry on, since I have read the smaller the clothes the better, but is it easy to find shops to buy more clothes once we are there? Ya, know just in case?

I am driving my poor boyfriend crazy, he is excited to but I cannot talk about anything else! I am booking our trip next week, and I am sure once that happens I will have to have a few drinks a day to stay calm!!

TIA for any help

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    First of all.. make your dates the 17-24 of May during our Repeaters Reunion week and we'll make sure you have a great time!

Second, parasailing and jetskis can be had off the beach to the right if you are looking at the water. Horseback riding is available via a tour.

Third, buy more clothes? NEVER. :D Yes there are lots of places to buy clothes of all kinds. Might not be the cheapest prices for some items but in a pinch....

Fourth.. If you're this excited already then don't plan on leaving the resort that much. Oh, you'll go to the bars at night but during the day and early evening you'll want to hang at the resort because that's where all the fun is. :cool: Out first year we had all these plans of things to do... left the resort one day to go on the booze cruise to Isla and that was it. Couldn't tear ourselves away...

So check out our May Roll Call and join in the fun. :D OH.. and the weather is perfect...

Jamie

3. Xcited08

Xcited08 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info

I would love to move the dates up but my boyfriend owns his own construction company and he is already trying to make me wait until late the in summer, I am telling him tonight that I will go ALONE if he doesn't want to take off of work! I have waited to long for this trip :lol:

It's starting to sound more and more like we won't be leaving the resort much, as long as the people are as fun and nice as the one's that will be there in mid May.

Another question, around about how much spending money should we take? What would be a ample amount to just have a blast. We are only staying 4 nights/5days..
    TIA

4. berzerkley

berzerkley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Xcited,
    Follow Jamie's advice - there's way too much fun to be had right at the resort to be booking all kinds of tours and such. And that in turn will help you worry less about how much moo-la to bring, as you will have already paid for everything you eat, drink and participate in while on the resort.
    We have always had a nice group together and made the evenings fun as well. You'll dig it. Check out the calendar and/or roll call post to see who else will be there during your stay!

5. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only problem I have anymore with just taking a carry-on is the liquid restrictions. I like to have my own hair, face, and body products, and I cannot carry those on anymore.

6. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    As for how much, we figure on $100 a day for the two of us for tips, trips to the bars at night, some shopping, etc. But both of us don't go to the bars at night every night. Entrance to the clubs is about $40 per person. So if you both plan on going figue $150 a day and you should be good since you won't do everything everyday.

The kneejerk reaction is "If he's the boss he should be able to set his own vacation days" but having owned my own business I totally understand how that is not true. But.... if you let the business own you it will kill you. Better that you own the business and control it. :wink:

And if he won't come... tell him we'll take good care of you in May and then you'll be experienced when he takes you back in the fall. :roll:

Jamie

7. Scott

Scott Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to echo Jamie's advice...during the Repeaters Reunion is always a great time!! We promise. :devil: Part Time!! :michaelf:

Scott

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Re: Thanks for the info

Another option would be to go in May AND late summer. Just kidding, but you will be itching to get back if you go in May.

The Labor Day weekend is a great time to hit TTR, and IMO, much better than July/August. Weather is a little cooler, and more repeaters during that time of the year.

9. MYDAIZEYS

MYDAIZEYS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This my second trip to
    Cancun first to Temptations and I am so excited I read all the blogs daily......bought 4 bathing suits and really only like the tops and thats the one part i probably wont be wearing...hehehehe

10. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 0
    Xcited08...Try you and your boyfriend down on may 17 to 24 like jamie said. I think it's going to be blast... :D ,,But what ever you decided..Have a great time in th SEXY pool.... :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice