1ST TIME SPRING-BREAKER NEEDING ADVICE!!!!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkvladimir, Jan 9, 2008.

1. darkvladimir

darkvladimir Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. Im new to the site and new to Cancun. FRom MA, going to Spring Break over there in March. Had a couple of questions Im hoping I can get some help with:

1. First, I was considering not buying the party package thats offered by diff tour companys. Is that a wise move?
    2. How big are the lines at the diff clubs?
    3. WHen I get there, would I be able to buy a party package?
    4. How much do clubs usually cost?
    5. Can I buy admission to the clubs and the booze cruise in advance via the hotel im staying at (Oasis Cancun) or some other outlet?
    6. Any1 have any useful info regarding Oasis Cancun?
    7. If i do pay for a club in advance (if thats possible), will the voucher they give me allow me to skip the line too?
    8. How much are tours and water sports usually? Any recommended ones I should partake in?
    9. Are there various clubs to go to in a night or is there one main club to go to on each different day, meaning like is there one place to be at on each night or are there different clubs that people spread out and go to?
    10. Any good clubs/restaurants outside of the tourist Spring Break area that are worthy of going to? I kinda wanna party with the Mexican ladies, not just white girls from all over the US.

I know its alot of questions, but if anyone and everyone can contribute to these answers, I would be very appreciative. THANKS.

2. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i will answer some of these question for ya since i have previous experience.

3. yes they usually try to get you to buy party packages at your hotel or outside.

4. Club entrances range from $$45 usd to $65 , depending on the night and if anybody is performing at the club.

5. yes you can buy this stuff during the day or whenever the travel agent person is in there . (they usually leave the hotel around 7 i believe.

6. see Collegeguy. he knows a lot of things about that hotel.

7. yes you sort of skip the line.. you skip the main line, and will be put into the "vip" line along with all of those people just like you who bought the "vip" passes. After all the vip people are let into the club, then the general people are admitted. If you give the bouncer $5, you are guarenteed to be one of the first people in the "vip" line to get into the club.

9. there are different clubs to go to every night. every club is packed every night. student city,and other places promote for certain clubs during certain nights, and if you buy the package you have to go to the club studencity or tsa travel or whoever you bought the package from go that night.

clubs to choose from that i can think of the top of my head are... Coco Bongos, The city, Bulldog, Senor Frogs, Daddy O's, Daddy Rocks, and some club i forgot the name where they have foam parties (but i forgot the name)... and you can check out mini bars which are free called SLICES (one of the popular bars for people on this board) and Corona Bar which is pretty cool to hang out at before the club.

10. I know there is Wal-Mart downtown, im not sure how your spanish is, but if its not very well i wouldnt venture too far outside of cancun because they all speak spanish there, and if your spanish is not good so you might have trouble making it back if you are lost. As far as where you can go outside of Cancun im sure steve or somebody else from this forum can answer that.

Best of luck

3. darkvladimir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THANKS! REALLY APPRECIATE THE INFO. IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!!!

4. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. First, I was considering not buying the party package thats offered by diff tour companys. Is that a wise move?
    Yes, saves you the hassle of not doing your own thing and doing whatever is planned for the night through them.

2. How big are the lines at the diff clubs?
    depending on when and where you go, it differs. Its cancun, the lines are always big, but if you're on a tour you sneak right by the lines.
    3. WHen I get there, would I be able to buy a party package?
    yes

4. How much do clubs usually cost?
    as nerd dawg said between 45-65 usd depending

5. Can I buy admission to the clubs and the booze cruise in advance via the hotel im staying at (Oasis Cancun) or some other outlet?
    PM Steve, the site owner, he has alot of good info on the Booze Cruise

6. Any1 have any useful info regarding Oasis Cancun?
    I stayed there a few years ago, big party hotel, but its filled with dudes. If youre going down there to get lucky, you're gonna have to fight off numerous guys to pursue someone haha (not literally, but you get the point) during the day, thats where the most people are, because its where the big party is. People from other hotels can buy a day pass and chill out there, clearly you dont have to. Try to get on a floor thats not the first, I still dont know what happend, but our door was broken and 90% of our stuff was stolen out of there, theres way too easy access to the rooms from the beach, its not good. Alot of CC'ers are staying there as well.

7. If i do pay for a club in advance (if thats possible), will the voucher they give me allow me to skip the line too?
    see nerd dawg response

8. How much are tours and water sports usually? Any recommended ones I should partake in?
    we had planned on doing the whole jet skiing, water sports gig last time, we paid 25 bucks up front, but were too wasted the next day to wake up at 8 am and go haha

9. Are there various clubs to go to in a night or is there one main club to go to on each different day, meaning like is there one place to be at on each night or are there different clubs that people spread out and go to?
    pat obriens on st pattys day, for obvious reasons. other than that, just go to whichever club you wanna on whichever night.....and dont foget the CancunCare party

10. Any good clubs/restaurants outside of the tourist Spring Break area that are worthy of going to? I kinda wanna party with the Mexican ladies, not just white girls from all over the US.

cant help ya there, but you do see SOME locals. Also, its not even CLOSE to all americans, you get people from all over the globe....especially on here: England, Australia, Sweden, Canada.....the list goes on

hope that solves everything, welcome fellow new englander

5. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. If you like a set schedule and plan on going to clubs each night then yes go for it. It saves you money.

2. All depends but i never waited for more than a half hour or so.

3. yes

4. what nerd dawg said...for example senor frogs was 40 while coco bongo was like 50 i think

5. yes. you should book the booze cruise as early as possible cause only so many people can fit on a boat.

6. Oasis Info: alcohol served from 10am-midnight only. Phase 1 is the wildest phase of the bunch. You don't have access to all the restaurants unless you book the grand oasis. Check out the tex-mex sit down place you get access to cause it was good. Everyone gathers in the lobbies of phase 1 and 2 before going out so hit that up. You have to pay a security fee ($27) upon arrival if you are under a certain age.

7. not really sure...all depends i guess

8. http://www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Tours/

9. Everyone that buys a party pass must go to a certain club each night, but there is not necessarily one set place to go. Everywhere is usually jumping.

10. All the best clubs are in the party zone. IMO I wouldn't venture downtown or outside the party zone for a club, but there are some good restaurants downtown. The markets downtown are also a fun place to hit up.

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems like others have pretty much answered your questions, so i'll welcome you to the boards.. Glad you can join us, and hope you have a wonderful time in Cancun....

I can help ya a little with this one... If you want to experience two or three clubs in one night with out paying $40+ dollars a club, check out the Party Hopper Tour.. Here is the link for it...

http://www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Tours/Party_Hopper/

7. darkvladimir

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First thanks for all the info, really appreciate it. But Im confused about a few things. Whats Phase 1, 2 ,3? Also, I thought that there are 9 restaurants within the Oasis Cancun? Doesnt the all inclusive cover that? WHat restaurants are covered then?

8. EnglishButler

EnglishButler Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Couple of questions here...

1. How much is it to gain access to oasis cancun AI for one afternoon?

2. Do the VIP pass's last 2 weeks or just 1 week?

9. AJ0527

AJ0527 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you'll have to buy them as a week package, but that doesn't stop you from buying week one, and then week two at the sametime. However, I think the package comes on a one week schedule.

10. EnglishButler

EnglishButler Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks AJ,

Tempted to do VIP first week to get to know the clubs, then on our own for the second week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice