1st Time Questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BosCouple36, Jul 7, 2019.

1. BosCouple36

BosCouple36 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello. Looking to get away with my wife and leave the kids behind for a week! We are in our mod 40s so would want a place that caters to that age range. We are looking for an adults only resort with night life, a great beach and topless allowed around the pool and beach.

From what I have read Temptation sounds fun. I was also looking at Desire Pearl and the Sandals and Couples Resorts.

My concern with Temptation is that I can find limited information on the beach and there are not many photos showcasing it so I am wondering if the beach is not that great. Can anyone provide feedback on it and how it compares to other Caribbean destinations like Jamaica, Cayman Islands, etc.

We like that Temptation is topless optional as my wife does not want to see a bunch of guys running around with their packages out (her words) and I do not think she would feel comfortable in a full nude environment.

I like what I am assuming is a sexy dress atmosphere for the evening as my wife dresses hot and I am sure will fit in with the theme nights etc. I just do not want her getting repulsed by an excessive atmosphere of sex as that might be more than she can handle. Are people pretty respectful or is “stuff” happening all over the resort? I think a Hedonism atmosphere would be over the top for her and to me Temptation seems like it is a step or two down from that.

I do like what I have read about the Sandals and Couples Resorts as far as amenities, beach, ambience, etc. My concern with those is that it doesn’t seem to me that they are topless optional. It seems like they may have certain beach areas that are full nude only. I do not think my wife would participate in that.

I guess at the end of the day we are looking for a classy resort with ambience, nice beach, night life (hate those resorts where everyone goes to bed after dinner and it is dead), and an opportunity for my wife to be topless. We do not need an overly extreme sexual atmosphere - flirty and sexy is fine but not over the top. Will Temptation check these boxes or are there other resorts people have been to that may match us better?

Thank you for any guidance!

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    If you want to have nightlife and a fun time, I'd advise against Couples or Sandals. Their properties are nice, beach almost certainly better "to look at" than TTR's beach, but it's nighty-night time after dinner.

TTR's not "in your face" sexual activity, and most of the time and in most locations neither are either of the Desire resorts. If you go to Desire, if you/she gets skeeved out by seeing sexual play, don't go to the jacuzzi at night (sometimes during the day).

TTR seems to check off each of the boxes of the atmosphere that you want. It's topless if you want it to be at beach and pool, party fun vibe, slirty-sexy all of that. Food is pretty good, but you won't find it 5-star restauranteur awesome. Drinks are good & plentiful.

Best thing about TTR is, and almost everyone here on this board will back me up on this, the very cool, fun, friendly people you'll meet. We've got lifelong friends from all over the world now that we met at TTR, and we continue to stay in touch, and go visit and they us.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. BosCouple36

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you. I appreciate the input. How is the beach and ocean water at the resort? If we wanted a really nice tranquil beach experience are there any excursions or nearby beaches we could go to? (Assuming the resort beach doesn’t check these boxes - hopefully it does)

4. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    A tranquil beach experience is hard to get at Temptation Resort, best option is in front of the quiet pool area of the resort by the Hobbie cats, but yes the excursion options are plentiful for your interests.

Would recommend heading over to Isla Majueris and then go exploring by golf cart to find a more secluded and tranquil beach experience.

The new Temptation layout accommodates both the higher intensity interest as well as the more chill approach & also allows for dabbling your toes back and forth into each.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Precisely what I'd suggest, taking the ferry over (~20 minute trip) to Isla Mujeres, get a golf cart for the day. Explore and you can find some really nice places on Isla.

Temptation's own beach can be fantastic, or not, and it depends on how the Gulf is delivering, or removing, sand from the local bed. The resort has at times in the past brought more sand in to increase the breadth and depth of the beach as well. People denigrate TTR's beach a lot, but it's not that bad. Mind you, it's not rolling dunes of powdery white sand like you can find in Destin or Pensacola, but it is still better than serviceable. Our closest beach option is Galveston, and the people who say that Temptation's beach is terrible ought to check THAT out. Ugh!

On a "good" Temptation beach day, not a "great" one, I'd give TTR's beach a 5.5. This is just the beach itself, meaning looking down at the sand and up and down the beach at the landscape itself. On a bad seaweed day, it'd drop to a 2, but that finally seems to be going away as that's not been so bad out last two trips (March and May of this year). On a great TTR beach day I'd say it can get to a 7.5.

Keep in mind, the above is just for the beach itself. You can easily add 2 full points up on any day for the cool people there on/at TTR's beach.

6. BosCouple36

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you. Is Isla Mujeres easy to get to from Temptation? Looking at it on the web it does look beautiful and may be worth spending a day or two there on the beaches if the resort atmosphere becomes too much for my wife. I appreciate that suggestion!

7. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    There are two ferry terminals, one of which is walking distance from TTR. They operate on different schedules as you might imagine.

It's as easy as walking to the one, or a short cab/bus ride to the other, ferry terminal, paying the round-trip fee, and about 20 minutes after you set out you'll be on Isla. Easy.

You can go for the day, renting the golf carts to explore. There's a couple of threads on doing just that with tips, places to try to see, etc. It's a good time, in & of itself.

Or, you could actually book a stay over there in a B&B or small hotel, I know several couples who have done that. Use trip advisor to find a spot that sounds good if you want to do that. Like I said, it's easy.

But, I don't think the atmosphere at TTR will be "too much for" either of you, as you can always slip back out of the party zone to either the beach or the Quiet Pool (it has it's own bar) to get some chill time.

8. Its4bothofus

Its4bothofus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0
    We've also been to beaches worldwide. Some are the best (el nido in the PI) and others not so much (Galveston).

The beach limitations are mainly the size (narrow rectangular strip) with no excess space aside from where the chairs go.

While the sand can be soft and the water decently clear, the space is just too suffocating. I think 6/10 is pretty fair.

9. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    It's definitely not Makena Beach Park on Maui, you got that right. But, I don't have to climb up, across & down the cliff on the sides of that point to get "to where the girls are," either! LOL!

Makena Beach State Park (Big Beach) Maui

(For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, there is a so-called "public" nude beach there, called Little Beach. It's a lot of fun. Worth a destination visit if/when you go to Maui, I assume, if you're reading this particular message board.)

10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    If you look at the Cancun hotel zone as being shaped like the number 7, TTR would be in the upper part of the 7. Their beach isn't that great, but there isn't hardly any waves, and you can actually get into water.

Further down the 7, you get great beaches, but the surf is so strong there are red flags nearly every day, and you can't get in the water at all. We stayed at the Golden Parnassus twice, and is was really nice to leave he door open at night and hear the waves crashing in. Certain,y won't get that at TTR.

So the beaches of the two different locations are kind of a trade off. TTR has less quality beaches, but you can get in the water. He other nicer beaches, are great to be in, but the water is not.

If you are looking for topples fun, with most of you wish list being taken care off, then TTR is most definitely your place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice