1st time in cancun and an um silly question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by deswilly, Feb 20, 2009.

1. deswilly

deswilly Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I are flying to cancun in march and we would like to bring some um personal toys. I worry they will pull them out at the airport. :oops: Its a dumb question, I just want to avoid any embarresment. Thanks Dizzy

2. sickofsnow

sickofsnow Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My suggestion would be to pack your items in the middle in your checked in suitcase. If you should happen to get the red light and are searched, normally they just feel around, they don't pull stuff out unless something looks suspicious in xray. Most likely you'll get the green light and be fine. Do NOT pack your items in carry-on. I have seen them pull stuff out at security and sometimes again when they check the carry-ons while boarding the plane.

3. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I wouldnt be embarassed if they did. Everyone has them pretty much. I know the guy in front of me(leaving cancun back to the US) then picked up his luggage and put it on a table (situated in the center of two lines to get your boarding pass and check ur baggage).... unzipped his bag... and was going through everything. He found a box of condoms and took out the box.... and dumped all the condoms on his clothes, I guess to make sure there wasnt anything hiding in the box.... but all the condoms seemed to have been there so I guess he didnt get so lucky! lol. But the poor guys face was sooooooooooooooooooo red! Personally... I get my fuzzy bedroom slippers..... I put the opposite heel of the slipper into where the toes go... and then you can fit beer, liquor, vibrators, anything in there. Usually just my vibe or a breakable bottle.

Hope this helps!!

4. Kenny Log-in

Kenny Log-in Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in Cancun for the FIRST three weeks ago, I got the red damn light. Do it, and post pics!

5. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    I wouldn't worry about the customs or security inspectors being emarassed - they have seen it all - LOL

To avoid them having to remove the item(s) from your bag and you becoming embarrassed, simply put the item(s) into one clear plastic ziplock baggie that is visible as soon as they open the suitcase (no point hiding it and having them rummage about)

Probably the most important point is to remove all batteries from the item(s) when traveling in the suitcase - the last thing you need is something getting turned on accidentally and your luggage making suspicious noises!!

6. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    another trick i use.... although the above are true..... is i put my "lifesaver" in one of my socks and tuck it under lots of clothes or in the middle of a folded towel.

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Or if you want to avoid the security, there are several sex shops in Cancun. Maybe you can find something suitable there.

Then you could leave it for the maids or bellhops. :D

8. davesgurl

davesgurl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The last time we went to Mexico, our bags were searched right next to a family with small children. Oh, and the things we had in there :oops: . Luckily, at first sight of our fun stuff, the checking agent had the sense to simply feel around for things instead of dragging things out.

Be prepared to be searched, and if it happens... oh, well... it's not like you'll ever see those people again.

9. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Put them right on top. Smile and be proud.

They have seen it all before and don't really care.

10. deswilly

deswilly Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks

thanks for all the advice, I think I will pack them in hubbys bag :evil: thanks again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice