14 Days and counting !!!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by pablo, Jan 31, 2011.

1. pablo

pablo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be at the GP in 14 days! Cant wait looking forward to some sunshine for a change . Were lookingat about56 inches of snow so far in the northeast this winter in north Jersey.I need some sunburn and Tequilla in the worst way. The coundown begins!:icon_neutral:

2. Cyndi

Cyndi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will also be there when you are there - we (myself and my husband) arrive on the 12th for one week. We are from Ontario and they just said 30 cms (1 foot) of snow for tomorrow night! Let's hope for A LOT of sun and a good time.

3. golffastfred

golffastfred Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    snow and wind

we are bringing 4 people with us that week also....we are heading for a blizzard .....20 inches of snow and 40 mph winds!!!!!!!!! come on feb 13 !!

4. Cyndi

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    11 more days!!! I heard the resort is fully booked (I've been reading every post on tripadvisor for the last 4 months) and that there is a possibility of getting "bumped" to the Great for a night - anyone heard of this? I will NOT be happy if they try to do this, if I wanted to be around kids I would stay home! - we don't arrive at the hotel until about 8pm - we've booked a Oceanview club room and we booked back on Sept 29th - our first time to the GP but third time to Cancun. Any comments?

5. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    If for some reason u do go to the great..... well you said you are coming in at night time... I say just go experience the AMAZING restaurants.... especially..... Mansion de Michelle. It's a french restaurant that is very classy and amazing, so dress nice! Just because you are staying at Great(even if only for a night) doesn't mean you can visit the golden. I just posted pics of the GREAt on my fb fan page for the golden 2011. We love the Great. We almost thought about staying at the Great but spending all day at the Golden but it would suck to have no room at the Golden to come back from the pool to. Anyway, at the Great, the restaurants are simply amazing..... but the pool IS filled with kids, although they do have drinking games and more..... and also have a separate adults only topless pool on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I'd say just make the best of it. Great is beautiful and especially if you are only going to be there one night(perhaps)..... just enjoy it! <3 You did book a club room though so i dont think you have to worry.

6. Cyndi

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks HammieJ -hopefully with booking a clubroom we won't have a problem and get bumped. It would just suck big time! I have read all of your posts and looked at all of your photos on Facebook. Hopefully we will have a great time and lots of sun. Cannot wait to get the sand between my toes!!

7. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +348 / 1
    Please post a quick review about the renovations and any new games the entertainment staff does (hoping). We have talked about going to the Great for one day at the adult pool. I bet that we do not. It would be like going to the quiet pool at TTR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice