Watered Down Drinks…

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Stara, May 19, 2024.

1. Stara

Stara Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    So it’s probably almost starting since the drinks are unlimited so to speak they are watered down….
    Assuming that is true would be some recommendations on drinks that would be hard for them to water down. We’re going in July..
    Last time we went to Desire pearl in December drinks there just did not taste the same as back home

Thanks.

2. knowwhatimean

knowwhatimean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0
    I think the soda is different in Mexico so the drinks taste a little different. Also that ice melts so fast even in a insulated cup. If I want my drinks stronger I just ask or I'll get extra shots of whatever I'm drinking on the side and just add them as necessary.

Otherwise just order straight shots of whiskey or tequila! Can't water those down! Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +628 / 2
    Just a side note about the ice cubes: Just about every time my husband and I visit Cancun, we end up with some kind of GI issues. Sometimes straight up food poisoning (not deadly, but painful) but usually just mild discomfort and noticeably different number 2's (I don't wish to be graphic)

As I said, it happens just about every visit, and we've been to different venues over the years, not just TTR and Desire. Our last few trips have been to regular hotels in the Hotel Zone. Different venues, different restaurants, different menus. I can only imagine that the common denominator is ice. We have ice with our mixed drinks and water. So my best guess is it has to do with the ice cubes. Once we get back home, things return to normal.

Not much we can do, as we don't want warm drinks. But just some food for thought.

4. LemAndAmber

LemAndAmber Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Raise your hand if you sometimes forget to use bottled water to rinse your toothbrushes…

~raises hand~

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. T&D PA

T&D PA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 1
    You can ask for one cup with liquor only and another with a mixer, take shots, or ask for doubles/triples. I have had no issue with all of the above. The bartenders are happy to do what you ask especially if you tip them.

6. Stara

Stara Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Now this is a great idea!!

7. Gdllraul

Gdllraul Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    this is an example, the mayority of the tequila in Mexico is 38 % of alchol versus the same tequila in USA which is 40%, the diffence have to do with the Mexican norms of alchol contain on liquous. It is the other example, some liquors in mexico has 35% maybe less of alchol this due to the price of them, less alchol lower price.

8. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +469 / 2
    With the number of people on the wheelchair if shame… not sure if the drinks are actually watered down.

I suspect that with all the different cups people give them they’re a bit inconsistent. I’ve had some weak drinks and some pretty stiff ones as well.

Now the common ‘shots’ people order. I’m pretty sure they’re just a normal cocktail poured into a bunch of shotglasses (mix and all). So not necessarily watered down… just not a real shot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +689 / 1
    Beer.

10. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +689 / 1

I usually start with a double or two and then just order regular drinks to keep the buzz. I have heard a lot of people say the drinks are watered down but that hasn’t been my experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2024
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice