I Keep Seeing Conflicting Explanations And Characterizations. Could Y'all Please Help Me Out?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by AaronM, Apr 6, 2024.

1. AaronM

AaronM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    So, my wife and I were looking at resorts to go to, and we kept seeing Temptation, it looks awesome, its always top rated on the lists, however, i keep seeing random comments here and there saying don't go if you're not a swinger, then I'll see right next to it that its fine and it wont be awkward at all.

We went to Golden Parnassus for our honeymoon in 2016, and we were shocked about all the girls being topless and basically wearing literal strings for bottoms, but we got over it and had a blast. My concern is that we are not, and will never be swingers. We do not have an open marriage. I do like my wife to dress sexy and skimpy, not because I'm advertising her, but because it makes me feel good to know other people want her but only we have each other. So, basically she's got the sexiest outfits and swimsuits, and she's a 26 year old bikini competitor and I'm a 32 year old bodybuilder. She gets hit on everywhere we go when she doesn't wear the outfits we just got, someone even tried to roofie both of us on a cruise a few years back. What are ways to avoid the horror stories and akward propositions i keep reading about online? Do people wear something like a wrist band to say "don't ask me that" or what? We really want to go, and we want to be able to go to the sexy events, but not have people feel us up or dance up on us or whatever else. we're just both cautious about the horror stories we saw. There's tons on google that are downright nightmare fuel. Long story, but basically just need some reassurance or tactics and tips to follow, thanks y'all

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,957 / 5
    Quite simply. It is a party resort with xx rooms and yy people. The majority of those people are not full on lifestyle (there are way better resorts for that). Pick any crowd that large and you will have extremes, those extremes have tails. Those tails don’t always follow the normal rules. They are the exceptions. Are there swingers at TTR, yes, are there swayers at TTR, yes, are there vanilla couples with a twist, yes and are there pure vanilla couples who just want to party in their 40’s and 50’s like they couldn’t when they were 20, yes. There are also people that had no clue about the party (because the price was right or the pictures were cool). Will some people cross the line, yes but rarely and “no” really does mean no at TTR. Will people approach other people and be interested and maybe cross someone’s lines, yes. But all it takes is “hey, thanks but we are just here to party” and then all is good and you maybe made some life long friends. That has been our experience. Maybe others have had different experiences but we found TTR years ago and have not found anything close to that vibe anywhere else. I say go and, if it becomes too much, just hang out at the Quiet pool or walk the beach or make a trip to Isla. I would take the bet that you will have the time of your lives and become a regular. But that is just an opinion/guess. All of that said, the week you pick does matter, some of the more recent crowds are more into selfies than partying. Find a crowd on here you like and go with a “built in” posse before you even get there!

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. AaronM

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    Thanks! I didn't expect an answer so fast, and that was really helpful. We were planning on going July 26th - August 2nd but we are flexible. I posted it in the role call for july. Are there any time frames you would recommend?

4. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,957 / 5
    We love the week before MEM day (we are 16-23 next month, you should book!) because it’s not too hot or too cold (queue Goldilocks). But have been in April and July as well. July was good but it got hot at night for Bash. April was a bit chilly after being in the pool all day but I hear they figured out the pool heater. There are some takeovers you will or may want to avoid throughout the year based on your original post. Stay on here (CCC) and you will be an expert before you go.

5. AaronM

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    Yeah, we would rather go in the spring, but unfortunately i started school after retiring from the army last year, so i wont be done with the semester yet. We could potentially go earlier in the summer though, the sooner the better. When we went to golden Parnassus back in 2016 it was in October and the weather was perfect. What did you mean by takeovers?

Edit: actually, i read your post wrong, we might be able to go then instead, i will be done with classes, the question is whether my mom can watch our son, she's an elementary school teacher and I'm not sure yet what her last day is

6. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,957 / 5
    We try to avoid the actual holiday weekends (crowd shifts a bit). Congrats on retirement, I did 13 active. Takeovers are when a specific group rents most or all of the rooms. They are usually specific. If they only takeover Bash tower then sometimes the SkyBar is closed to only that group for parts or all of that week. Do a search on here and you will see the dates and groups but not all are shown. FB might be better but I am not on it.

7. AaronM

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    Thanks! I did 12 total, 5 reserves and 7 active. I got medically retired because my left forearm was about 60% severed. It was reattached, but it's numb and doesn't have full movement or blood flow. Still manage to stay in shape though, I just use a deadlift strap on that hand to hold weight.

I gotcha, I think I saw something about those on the website someone, I'll go back and look again. I appreciate all the help, this forum is a lifesaver, might have not gone if there wasn't something like this to look through and get some guidance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Steven and Savannah

Steven and Savannah Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Yes! Could not have said it better myself!

9. EastTexas

EastTexas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0
    There are not as many lifestylers as people say. I think most of the LS crowd goes to Hedonism or Desire. Temptations flirts with lifestyle... some like PDA and to be watched.. most like to be sexy.. some just like some flirting, body shots, etc. If you are wanting to do something you can probably find it but it isn't as guaranteed there as other places.

If you aren't in the lifesfyle you are fine.

To someone completely vanilla that wouldn't want someone else to see their wifes boobs I can see how they might lump everyone in at Temptations as swingers but that isn't the case.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. roddie

roddie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    @MikeandHeather you should have a job at Temptation your very knowledgeable with every question I have seen anybody ask hopefully we see each other before we leave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice