First Time Visitors

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by cjm1993, Mar 2, 2024.

1. cjm1993

cjm1993 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are staying at Desire from March 20th through the 25th. This will be our first time to visit and we are hoping to make a few friends before we arrive. We are also considering a day pass to Pearl and was wondering if that is worth a day.

2. cjm1993

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Next question. We went to see Dune 2 and I want my wife to dress in the chain link metal dress that Princess Irulan wore with the matching head piece. I told her to do it for uniform night and she said "I don't think that's the idea." So whose right?

3. Indyfun

Indyfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    I’m not a fan of the day pass if it’s your visit. The best part of these resorts are the people. It’s tough to make connections when only visiting for a day.
    I’m not familiar with Dune… but nobody will look at an outfit and question why you’re wearing it… you do you.

4. cjm1993

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice Indy. The Dune dress is not going to work. In the movie there were slaves in see thru garbage bags that dressed everyone. She would wear the chain link dress and hat if I wore the see thru garbage bag, so it's not going to work. I get what you're saying about it being about the people and not the place. I love going to new places and just looking around so we will have to play it by ear. BTW, Go see Dune 2 but watch it in a Dolby theater.

5. Indyfun

Indyfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Thanks for the heads up - I’ll go check it out!

6. MeanwhileinCanada

MeanwhileinCanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    We wore Star Trek uniforms and a surprising number of people didn't get it. That made it funnier for us, but sexy & more mainstream seems to be the norm.

Only time we've done day passes at Pearl was after a diving excursion (their dive shop is at Pearl), with friends staying there. Can't imagine doing less than a day somewhere when you didn't know anyone, it's basically flirting then *never* seeing them again. You'd be better served trying the resorts on separate trips, or at the very least splitting the vacation (which I wouldn't recommend either, one resort per trip is *plenty*).

7. cjm1993

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MWC, Thanks for the insights. I laughed because my initial plan was a Star Trek theme, with the wife rocking a short Lt Uhura gold dress, and me as the infamous "red shirt" guy. However, she wasn't too thrilled about that idea. Then I pitched the Princess Leia slave bikini, but unfortunately, that got a hard pass too.

I ended up settling for a rather mundane police uniform with a very short skirt. Not exactly my first choice, but compromise is key, right? I have to admit, the allure of Lt Uhura and Princess Leia stems from countless hours of daydreaming about those two during my younger years.

Interestingly, the chainmail dress worn by Florence Pughin in Dune had a similar effect on me, but alas, it seems impossible to find one. Maybe we should plan a Star Trek outing for the future; that could be a blast.

I totally get what you're saying about visiting the Pearl for a day. I stumbled upon Desire because I'm staying at Margheritaville a few blocks down and noticed the resort on Google Maps. While flirting and heading home doesn't sound bad at all, I do agree that it's the friends you make that leave a lasting memory, not just the places you visit.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  8. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,164 / 3
    LOL. Star Trek was my plan, except wearing the Alternate Universe uniforms ("In a Mirror Darkly", the Terran uniforms) for Galactic Night. Kim said no one would get it. So she is going to wear something skimpy and has agreed to wear a Star Trek com badge. I'm such a geek.

9. cjm1993

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MX24, I have to agree with your wife, that one would have went over my head. How can you beat skimpy with a Starfleet Emblem. It says "Sexy and Smart".

10. MeanwhileinCanada

MeanwhileinCanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    Our friends did this for a local club Halloween party, it's kinda how we met :)

Have a great trip!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice