Temptation And Desire Miches Closing, Per Their Websites

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches Grand' started by havingsumfun, Dec 26, 2023.

1. havingsumfun

havingsumfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Unfortunately, the worst case scenario seems to be playing out. The resorts’ respective websites show that they will be closing, and if you have any travel dates after January 16th, you should call:

Toll Free USA & CAN: 1888 21 3241

Toll Free Mexico: 800 500 0587

Premier members: 1855 556 1632

If you booked through an agent, give them a call for guidance.

I was two days away from booking at the resort when the speculation started. Sorry, y’all.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,397 / 12
    the statement they released…

"Original Group will leave the the Miches Resorts, last day of operation will be January 15th"

As you know, our properties in Mexico are more than consolidated, and continue to grow. What better example than The Eden, our new section at Desire Riviera Maya Resort, opening in 2024, which will be adding seductive facilities and rooms to our already beloved resort.

The success of our accomplishments so far is irrefutable proof that the depth of our commitment to both our brands and to providing the best experiences to our clients, goes beyond what you could possibly imagine, which is why our hearts are heavy today.

After years of putting all our talent, energy, and faith in the development of our two new resorts in the Dominican Republic, our Miches endeavor has come to an end.

January 15th, 2024, will be the last day that our Desire and Temptation brands and concepts will be attached to Miches, Dominican Republic. Effective January 16th, the only resorts operated by Original Group will be Temptation Cancun Resort, Desire Riviera Maya Resort, and Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort.

Despite giving our best, things didn't turn out as we had expected; however, we feel proud of everything that we achieved and learned from the experience.

We look forward to welcoming you at our resorts in Mexico, where we will continue to go beyond your expectations.

Important: please note that the two resorts in Miches will continue operations under a new name and a new concept that will not be related to us in any way.

Please follow up with our mutual clients with the following options:

1.- Cancel the reservation & reimburse

2.- Cancel the current reservation & re-book at Temptation Cancun, Desire Riviera Maya Resort or Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort subject to availability and with the current net rate applicable at these hotels, a $150.00 USD Resort Credit per room will apply for these new reservations, minimum stay of 3 nights is required to get the resort credit.

Sincerely,

Original Group

3. havingsumfun

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks for the full detail of the press release. I wonder if the new owners/remaining partner would honor the current reservations? I have a feeling that they won’t.

4. auroracpl

auroracpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    wow so generous to give a $150 resort credit for screwing people over again. Re book at much higher rates in mexico with limited availability...FU original group! What a complete joke! How many people drank the cool aid and bought into your memberships for the DR. A $150 resort credit is insulting to all the people that booked with you guys....Can you say HEDO!

5. havingsumfun

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    DAMN, I’m sorry you got caught up in the debacle. I’m surprised that they aren’t giving more incentives for your troubles.

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,397 / 12
    It really is ridiculous. First they stole our money with the delayed opening. Refused to give it back. Then gave it back months later and said but hey we will give you 2 free nights to make up for it while saying they were all in and investing in making the DR the next hot spot. Which of course now we can’t use because they sold the resort. Trust has been long lost.

I do wonder what will happen to those who bought memberships in the DR locations.

7. ash09

ash09 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0
    This is usually spelled out in the fine print of the contract, with respect to who the successor company will be. I read my original one top to bottom and it was in there and I bought in Cancun

8. ravenhaired4U007!

ravenhaired4U007! Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Frontier airlines has kept a large chunk of our money because they have a no cancellation policy so we got some credit on a future flight. I got my credit card fraud department involved because calling that number got us no where. Total debacle and I agree, they should be doing more for everyone. agreed we will never book with any Originals resort again. Just glad we didnt fly down to have no idea who or what was taking over. very very scary situation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice