Yes.. Another Vape Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by T&D PA, Jun 7, 2023.

1. T&D PA

T&D PA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 1
    So I like to vape (nicotine) when I drink. I get the small disposable vapes.. Of course I've read all the hoop-la about vapes being illegal etc.

So my questions is this.. I know the risks.. I know I can be fined.. But I also know I may not get searched. I read to put the vapes in my pocket when going through security because if they check my bags, they will not check your pockets. I also wondered if I should hide them in a tampon box in my carry on..? Or does that make it look even more shady?

I'm not sold on bringing them out of fear of it messing my trip up, but I was just curious on other peoples thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Deleted member 38146

Deleted member 38146 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No issue with us bringing it, like you said we had them in our pockets and they only searched one bag out of our 5.

Tons of people at the resort vape freely all day at the pool with no issue either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. T&D PA

Ratings:
    +283 / 1
    Perfect!!! pockets it is!

4. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
    Can totally relate! 38 and only recently started getting very friendly with 'Mary Jane' this past year. Problem is, now i drink a lot less hard alcohol, and we got a trip coming up in July. I know i won't be taking any flower, but i would love to get my dispo's out there since i like to smoke those and chill with beer...Thinking of just doing the same. We'll take one each in check in then move it to pockets when we land. Hopefully all goes well :D

5. T&D PA

Ratings:
    +283 / 1
    I was referring to nicotine. I'd be much more nervous with thc as they have dogs sniffing bags and people as you walk through the airport.

6. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
    Ya, i know you were talking about nicotine. However, I don't believe the thc dispo vapes have any smell to them.

7. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0
    not a vapor, but if I remember correctly, they have a vending machine in the lobby that sells vapes by the men's bathroom in the lobby.
    can someone comment if this is correct.
    also, there are stores outside of the resort that will probably sell vapes and legally . (nicotine)
    can someone comment if this is correct too.

already did our TTR pre-check in on line this week. 10 days and counting.

8. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +678 / 0
    It's illegal, and it's a risk. A silly rule, but nothing we can do about that. Yeah you might get through without getting checked, or you might get checked and they miss or ignore it, or you might be one of the unlucky people that get checked and they do it thoroughly. They will confiscate vapes, or worse, confiscate and hefty fine.

I got sick of the rules. I've vaped since quitting cigarettes in 2014. Finally quit nicotine for good in June, and honestly biggest reason was not having to deal with the Mexico rules on this stuff any more. Last trip I didn't bring any vape stuff fearing the fines, and instead ended up just smoking again so not ideal. Don't want to be doing that again, so Mexico forced me to give up nicotine for good :D

If I was going to chance it, I'd say keeping it on your person rather than in a case is the best option. They scan the luggage and I guess that triggers checks for some. However, if you're not someone that needs it all the time and only vapes with drinking, is it worth the hassle?

9. Luis

Luis Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There's no problem bringing a vape into Mexico, you can bring it in your suite case, your carry on or in your pocket but at security you have to put it thru the security check but there's no issues or fines for vape cigarettes, just don't bring too much liquid because they will consider it has a business and tax you on the value of the E-Liquids but if you bring 1 or 2 small bottles that's considered has personal use

10. BeuMeu

BeuMeu Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 5
    So while it is “illegal” just carry them on your person. I bring 2 for me 2 for the wife. As more alcohol is consumed the more I’m sucking on it like a pacifier. They also do sell them in the lobby at the resort if you just so happen to bring it in the pool and dunk it under water while partying. Yes it has happened!!! I have them in my back pack until we disembark the plane and I transfer them over to my pockets as we are waiting in line at customs. Then as soon as I walk out of the terminal it’s fair game. No one is going to say a word to you at the resort.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice