First Trip Cancun Temptations

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by P & D, Feb 10, 2023.

1. JandCfATL

JandCfATL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    I booked with this site below and it's slow moving with charging and confirmation. Do you have the number that you called?

Temptation Cancun Resort

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    When I book with a third-party, I call the resort for confirmation (and I record the conversation)

I know there's always a risk of miscommunication or computer glitches or worse: a company taking your money and running - so that's why it's a good idea to confirm directly with the resort itself.

I usually wait at least 4-7 days after booking before I call. I've only had an issue once (it wasn't even Desire or Temptation), and it was resolved after a phone call or 2.

3. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    That is the official resort website.

4. Deleted member 38146

Deleted member 38146 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked with our Sapphire card, got all the confirmations through Chase. Should we be calling to confirm through TTR that they have everything set for the reservation lol? We've always used the travel card to book trips just for the piece of mind that if something happens, we're covered.

5. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    You should be ok. Honestly, the biggest risk of booking 3rd party is if for some reason the resort is overbooked, guests who booked directly generally take priority in getting a room.

6. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    Why book through a third party? Unless you are looking for a bundle deal (flights, etc). The resort will match any third party price. Just take a screen shot of the final price, with all taxes and fees, call the resort, and then send the image. Make sure to call back to confirm they received the image. You will be told that it will take a day to be reviewed and approved.

I've found some killer deals which the resort matched. This comes with the assurances there is no hokey-pokey with the reservation. When booking with the resort you can also easily add room preferences, special occasions, etc....

I have had the resort not get back to me in a day or two. I think they are hoping you forget about it and move on, especially with a great price. It took another call to get an affirmative answer. Don't even bother trying to call on a weekend or after hours. This only works for Temptation, not Desire.
    upload_2023-3-15_8-4-37.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    Huh, I didn't know they price-matched. Or if I did know at one time, I probably didn't believe it would work. This is good to know. Do they ever resist, push back or give you any degree of difficulty? Also does it matter if you are Premier? (I am not)

8. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Another less known fact is they will price match their own deals. Say you booked 3 months ago for a trip 6 months out and they do an email blast for a super deal, screenshot it and call or email direct (there are two great ladies and one guy who get all the emails - assuming they are still there?) and they will price match themselves. We book early and have always done this (it helped at least 3x to get the best rate that comes out) while still insuring the week and room type we want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    We used this option several times before we became members in 2022. So not for Premier. Pretty easy process, it has taken a couple calls sometimes just to confirm, but there is no waiting when you call in and they are helpful.

10. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    May be a good idea. We’ve always booked thru a 3rd party. And a simple confirmation call directly to resort at a later time is easy and very reassuring!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice