Thieves - Beware!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TheOne, Mar 9, 2023.

1. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Slow day at the farm

2. Deleted member 57199

Deleted member 57199 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You called his post BS. = you don't believe = its a lie to you. Besides, he clearly stated it was his friend's phone…and …. that’s not the THEME of his post. He’s simply trying to warn folks that he had things taken from his room…be careful when you visit. It’s like your mission is to disprove him. HaHa! You dont believe it happened…who cares.
    Be nice knucklehead!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    And it must be your mission to argue with everyone and then throw a tantrum when you run out of logic? There you go again, resorting to NAME CALLING just like you did when you recently disagreed with @wild1s ??
    Believe what you want, the government needs more of you. Free country and I will believe what the data shows me…but the majority seem to believe the initial post is suspect.
    PS - have a nice life and maybe you should change your name to CJneedsMOREfiber ???

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    If the people concerned didn't notice until they got home it's a huge assumption to state so definitively that the theft happened at the hotel.

I'd also agree that it's kind of strange to notice a missing iphone and air pods so many hours later. Most people are using them frequently when traveling through airports, on the plane etc.

It doesnt really add up, and when it's someones first ever post you cant help thinking that their reason for registering was solely to make this post. The longer term members have seen this many times before.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  5. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
    You say you didn't realize your items were stolen until you were back in the U.S., but you also claim this in your original post "I went to get my Apple Air Pods from my bag and they were gone". You also say "we go to Temptation and their sister resort Desire many times a year and never any issues". You mean you only discovered this site now, and decided to sign up just to leave your post about your items being stolen? In the words of sleepy Joe Biden, "Come On, Man!"

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    At least you didn’t call him a liar! ;)

7. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    If they only noticed once at home, doesn't mean it wasn't stolen... but it could have been in the room, at front desk, in taxi, at airport, at Walmart or maybe still in the trunk of their car!! Very hard to prove, and accusations are easily made. The staff know how good and important their jobs are and aren't willing to loose them over stupid things. Guests on the other hand can be crass and drunk! So before throwing accusations, might be a good idea to find a story that holds up the storm.
    In Canada, people are innocent until proven guilty.... Just thinking "innocent" is an accurate word here!! ;):D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Piri & Lucy

Piri & Lucy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0
    You are wrong!!! If they can afford to go several times a year to TTR and Desire they go to Cancun in their own plane, so he can’t use the AirPods during pilot his private jet and millionaires never use phones because they have people to do that. I believe him. :D:D:D

9. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Knucklehead!

Bet you lost nights of sleep over that one. :rolleyes:

Jamie

10. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    True story... we once had our cell phone and car keys stolen from us while we were at the resort and we didn't realize this until I was going through security at the airport.

No not really...

Once I realized this, I went to the AA office at the airport and called the resort. In our drunken state, we had stolen these from ourselves and left them in the safe. One phone call, one sketchy cab ride back to the resort. All I did was call and ask, they removed these items from the safe and had them at the front desk. I signed a missing item form and they had me sign a returned item form. I got the ride back to the airport and had 5 minutes to spare.

Sometimes when it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it's a duck. The original post sounds remotely plausible but it sure smells like BULL SHIT.

My son would lose his shit long before leaving the resort if he didn't have his air pods. Most everyone else would lose their shit if they were not connected to their cell phone.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice