Thieves - Beware!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TheOne, Mar 9, 2023.

1. TheOne

TheOne Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just wanted to post this so it doesn’t happen to anyone else. My wife, I and 2 friends just got back from Temptation yesterday. While we were there our friends iPhone was stolen and my wife’s Tiffany necklace was taken from our room. I went to get my Apple Air Pods from my bag and they were gone. None of the items were lost, they were stolen. Just be aware of what you leave out, it can and WILL be taken. First time in all of our years at these resorts having any issues! We will not go back there for this reason and hope this may help someone else at least put what you can in the safe. We do use the safe but not for all items, we will from now on. So sad how far these resorts have came down. Hate thieves!

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Sorry for your loss. I see you joined CCC today. You never posted before on here. No comment on whether you had a good time or not so forgive me if I find it odd that your first post ever was to make this statement? Maybe it is just what it is….a public service but seems odd that you chose this forum to “warn” everyone. Maybe I am just getting too cynical in my old age?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. TheOne

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oh very sorry, I was just looking for a place to help others beware of their trips. We go to Temptation and their sister resort Desire many times a year and never any issues, but now we get items stolen right out of our room. I am assuming it was the cleaning help as they are the only ones that had access but I can’t prove that. Yes we had a good time besides that, just trying to warn others in case people didn’t realize this was happening that’s all.

4. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Thanks. No offense and actually didn’t expect a response. I think anyone who goes on vacation should already know that this happens (in Mexico and everywhere else), unless of course they live in a bubble??
    That said, there have been posts on here before and management was usually notified as they have video and key card access records of everyone who went in your room and at what times. Did you report the thefts to them and what did they do?

5. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    I was going to ask the same question, what did the police report say (a necessary for claiming on insurance), we would always keep all valuables in the safe or reception anywhere we travel in the world... a salutary lesson in this harsh world... not a great experience but it happens even in 5 & 6star hotels....not a nice experience ...

6. TheOne

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We tried to report it but they would not listen at all and just told us that we must have misplaced the items. Very sad customer service and it wasn’t until we were back in the states that we noticed the items gone so they had no interest since we were not there anymore, but like stated above, a lesson learned for sure.

7. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Ok. Now I will officially call BS on your first post (not that I am any type of CCC quality control but…).
    Let’s review - Your friend didn’t notice his iPhone was gone until you got back home (nope - FAIL), your wife didn’t notice a Tiffany necklace missing until you got home (maybe - but it was Tiffany so you are either very rich or….hmmm?) and you didn’t notice your Air Pods until you were home (doubtful - FAIL). You know both the Air Pods and iPhone can be tracked and thieves know this. Did you track them? Don’t know what beef you have with TTR but every instance of theft (and there are some every year - usually turn out to be other guests, people walking up from the beach or actual drunken misplacements and, yes, probably a hotel employee here and there) is at least listened to by management and a full report done on site and by the police. If you are really saying that all of these items (including a phone) were not noticed as missing buy you until you got home, maybe you shouldn’t travel internationally (or outside your yard) for awhile….or ever??? If, however, your story is actually true I think there a lot of lessons learned from this, just that mostly of us learned them a long time ago. Good luck on your future travel.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Deleted member 57199

Deleted member 57199 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unsure why folks are calling him a liar and defending the resort, yet in your own message you say you know this happens! WTF!? You contradict yourself! He’s just warning visitors there was an unsavory person there(doesn’t mean they all are), and warning future visitors to be on alert. Thanks “The New One”, but sorry for your loss(es). Hopefully they’ll catch the bad person.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    upload_2023-3-13_12-45-3.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Never called him a liar (your interpretation and you are entitled to that). Called his post BS. When someone has an ulterior motive (whatever that may be) and can’t even put a coherent “story” together about it, it should be called out for what it is. Questionable at best, BS if it fits. That is all. I am sure he is thankful you are attempting to defend him, he needs the help.
    As for me contradicting myself, no I didn’t as I would have had to make an actual statement first. I never said it doesn’t happen but I strongly implied that it did not happen in his first post and he effectively proved that in his last post. Do you honestly believe someone had an iPhone and AirPods stolen while at the resort and did not notice it while there, while packing, while waiting to check out, while waiting in line at the airport, while on the plane? No- only when they got home did they notice those things missing. Like I said- he needs your help ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice