Gym

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by P & D, Jan 30, 2023.

1. P & D

P & D Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Anyone who has been there before and is an avid gym goer have any comments on the gym/ fitness facility. We are addicted to working out and consider that as part of our vacation routine. (free weights, machines, cardio machines ?)

What should the expectations be?

Thank You,

P & D

2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    It it a good gym as far as resorts go. A cable machine, dumb bells up to 50 lbs, fixed curl bars to 45/50 lbs, a Smith machine. The lat pull down has a short range of motion, so meh. A few treadmills, a stair climber, bikes, and leg machines (meh). the gym will get your blood flowing, but nothing to get (maintain?) growth. No bench/decline/incline/squat/platform. The Smith can be used for some heavy work, but the grip is super fat and the motion is not stright up/down, and it is not the same as free weights. I think you can only get around 350 lbs on it if you use all of the weights. And someone is always on the Smith anyway (sometimes a playmaker for an hour while playing on their phone and doing a total of 3 sets).

We make it most morning, but there is usually "that guy" who feels they have to circuit everything and ties up everything at once (usually they don't know what they are doing anyway). Same guy never wipes his sweat of the equipment.

So the same etiquette as your local gym.

There used to be a dance poll (with platform), but that disappeared a couple years ago and is now used for pool side games, etc.

Our time is around 9:30-11 am, usually there are 2-5 other people there. Most are in and out. We have heard that is is busy earlier, but we can never get up that early at TTR.

3. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +679 / 0
    Don’t forget about the concept 2 rowers. Best cardio machine out there. Lol. Btw I’m probably the guy that circuits everything however I do wipe it off.

4. FandS

FandS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0
    We train most of our days on the trip. Gym is great, and I enjoy all the equipment except cardio as I prefer to run outside on the red paths.

We usually train around 9-11 and it's rarely too busy. We've been almost 10 times and never had any of the issues stated in the response above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice