December 4th - 14th Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Cindy&Dave, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    This is long and a lot of it is recognition of people who went above and beyond for us. This was our 8th trip, I think, so we're not exactly virgins anymore. To be completely honest our trip last February was a bit of a disappointment so our initial expectations were low...

TL;DR We had the time of our lives and have only complements, no complaints.

My husband, 2 female friends, and I attended from December 4 - 14 and had a blast! Clearly management has taken peoples' suggestions and concerns to heart as there was not nearly as much upselling as our last trip, i.e., cabanas, bottle service. While we have never had bad service at Temptation the service this time was more than stellar, our cups were never empty, and it didn’t seem to matter what we were asking for the answer was always yes!

There were so many people who made this trip the incredible experience that it was. First and foremost, we’d like to thank the man, the legend, Temptation butler extraordinaire Ivan! Without Ivan’s hard work on our behalf, I don’t think this trip would have been half as much fun as it was. Dealing with all 4 of us was probably more than challenging, I know my husband handed Ivan a list of requests the day we arrived (daily restaurant reservations, bash cabanas, pool side chairs, etc.) and it all happened as requested! Ivan took amazing care of us, and his smile melts my heart.

Lillian at the pool always had a smile on her face and made sure we always had a primo place to park our selves by the sexy pool.

All the bartenders who kept our cups filled and the party going but especially some friends from trips past:

- Ritchie and Freddy at the Bash bar who somehow always remember what we’re drinking.

- Lulu at the lobby bar who my husband says makes the best spicy Caesar anywhere.

- Andres in the Sky Bar who is still trying to convince people you can see Cuba from the bar

- Gerry who was working in the Premier sales office this trip, I swear he thinks any clear liquor he puts in my husband’s glass will pass as gin …lol

- I’d also like to mention Hector who was working the bar at the quiet pool, if you’ve never seen a world class flair bartender strut their stuff you need to track this man down for a show!!

Sea Flirt was our go to breakfast place and Candyman always made sure we were well taken care of; the food was always great, but I think I could teach them a thing or two about how to make sausage gravy.

Wendy, our waitress at Sky Bar was fantastic. She’s just a pleasure to be around and always made sure we had everything we needed. I wonder if she could give Andres some geography lessons?

I’ve always thought the food at Romanza was the best on the resort and they did not disappoint this trip. On one of our visits, we had Gomez as our waiter, and he is just entertaining and full of surprises. If you get the chance request a “Sexy Gomez” as your after-dinner drink; I promise you won’t be disappointed. Personally, I think it's better than the sexy coffee...

We had cabanas at Bash a few nights which are always fun to share with friends. We had either Isabella or Moon as our waitress, and they did a great job keeping the drinks flowing. How they keep track of anything during that insanity is beyond me so kudos to both of them!

We decided to take a break to re-charge on the Saturday afternoon and took a cruise on the yacht. Thanks to Miguel and Miguel who took care of us on the trip, it was a great time with some great people!

We all spent some time in the spa, which was much needed some days, the staff always go above and beyond to make you comfortable and have a relaxing, fulfilling experience. I’d like to especially thank Marcella who did an awesome job cutting my hair and Daniella who, despite my husband’s skepticism, gave him an amazing massage.

The Playmakers are the Sexy Pool’s power source, it just wouldn't be the same without them. All of them are very friendly, chatty, and good at their jobs - Jungle Jay, Cami, Alejandra, Pretty Boy, Oliver, and Mini Cooper (who somehow convinced my husband to enter the belly flop contest).

Many thanks to Josue who kept our room ship shape, that man is a MF ninja. We never saw him, and we never came back to a dirty or un-made room.

A quick shout out to Ricardo in Premier Sales, I know these guys get a bad rap, but Ricardo is one of the good ones. Yes, he tries to sell us something every trip, but he’ll take no thanks for an answer and the conversation is always good and entertaining while he does it.

Finally, thank you to all the guys in Security who keep us safe (and deal with the barfy people). My second husband Ricky Ricardo who I always look forward to seeing and a special mention to Oscar who almost made my first husband s**t himself when he was mistaken for a more troublesome guest.

Oh and not to be forgotten the two guys who are always smiling behind the Bash grill. They serve up some awesome late night grub. I wish I could have grabbed their names but they're always moving and sticking my head over that hot flat-top seemed like a bad idea.

Overall I'm rating this visit a 12 out of 10

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  3. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Am I reading that correct..... Mini Cooper is back ????

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    You read that correctly.

5. ukukgent

ukukgent Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    yes we saw Mini copper - for our trip over Thanksgiving.

6. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    We were there 12/10-12/19 our experience was similar to yours except for the upselling. In at least ten years of going this was the worst the upselling has ever been. To the point that my wife ordered 1921 tequila and they tried to sell her a bottle for $150 US. 1921 has always been part of the upgraded alcohol for premier. They are trying to sell us stuff we already paid for. When we bought in to premier it included preferred seating at Patio's and the pool. When we asked for cabanas, they tried to get us to pay for them. We got a free cabana by the pool one day out of nine and none at bash. I went to the premier office and asked for a list of the upgraded alcohols for being a premier member and was told they didn't have one.
    The service was as always excellent, and we thought the food was better than past trips. Just feeling duped for buying into premier. Also, it kind of sucks seeing all those empty cabanas around the pool in the prime seating areas.

7. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    That would be his 3rd time if not mistaken. Lol

8. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Thanks for the trip report!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice