Chichen Itza Activity

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by SandA, Nov 8, 2022.

1. SandA

SandA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Hi all, I am looking at doing Chichen Itza, and I would like to know your experiences. Is it worthy? Where did you book it? Recommendations for the day? Any information will be much appreciated!

Thank you!

2. MrandMrsSmith

MrandMrsSmith Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 1
    Chichén-Itzá is 3 hours approximately from Cancun so it’s a 6 hours trip just to travel to and from. For us it’s not worth the time. We’re pointing this out as there’s often a misconception that Chichén-Itzá is close to Cancun. Don’t get us wrong, we have visited many Mayan sites in Mexico but we just don’t do it when we’re at Temptation.

There’s a small archeological site on Isla Mujeres at Punta Sur which can be part of a nice Island Tour. The ferry terminal is close to the hotel and once on Isla you can rent a golf cart to visit the Island. Lots to see and do!

If you’re still interested to visit - the tour desk at the hotel would have good options for you.

3. SandA

SandA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Thanks for the head up! We were aware of the distance from the hotel. We want to do it anyways, including the cenote swim and the stop in Valladolid. We were hoping to gain some insight on who did you book with, food situation, and timing.

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I'd highly recommend anything you can book with Xcaret. All of their tours and adventure excursions are top notch. I haven't gone on the Chicken Itza one, but have been to all their other parks and tours and we are always very happy.

Xichén Clásico | Chichén Itzá Tour

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice