Any Recent Visitors To Temptation Want To Chime In Please?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by M&MfromLA, Aug 1, 2022.

1. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    We have given up on TTR for the most part. Not to say that we won't go back, but not 3 or 4 times a year like we once did. We were last there just over a year ago and we may as well have been in Vegas at one of the many resorts where people go to be seen and pretend that they're wealthy. TTR was always great because the guests were real people who were not afraid to be their real selves, although many of them could have written a check to buy the place.

We've been going to Caliente near Tampa and, although it's not the old TTR, it's closer to it than the new TTR is.

We're holding hope that the new TTR in the DR will be a better vibe since it is quasi-combined with the new DR Desire. We'll see.

If they continue this route, my prediction is that they will be successful for a while, but eventually it will become just "another" resort attempting to be a vegas hotel that's not in Vegas. (Remember all of the Cancun Resorts that attempted to mimic TTR but never got it?)

I'll end with this. In the old days, every woman was topless and it was only natural. It was a beautiful thing and no one paid attention to it after the first day. On our last trip, I got pretty tired of the girls with the skimpy bathing suit tops with the attitude of "wouldn't you like to be lucky enough to see these titties?" ...not really.

Sam, not Sindy

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I know I have been quiet on here lately. (Mostly due to work reasons)

But...after our most recent 10 day trip in June I will say this: The vibe from the old days is still there, you just have to find it. It's not everywhere anymore, so you have to survey the crowd and look for the right groups. Luckily we planned and had lots of friends at the same time. So when you're with 20 people in the pool, at bash or at the Premier bar, it can still get wild and feel like the days of old. But once you leave your circle you can see and feel a difference.

I totally agree with Sam @wild1s above, really having hope the the DR TTR/Desire will bring the vets back out again with the combo type situation going on there. And the Desire side might just end up being a great balance.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  3. conjuna

conjuna Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +190 / 0
    In a couple weeks this will be my 39th trip. I began back in the blue bay days. I don’t think it will ever be like the Temptation was prior to the Reno. In my opinion that’s intentional. Each time I’ve been back post rental I’ve had to change my expectations and stop holding on to how it used to be and try to get accustomed to how it is now. That has not been easy as I was and still am one of their biggest fans. We just recently went to Vegas and the entire time I was there I compared it to Temptation lol. At the end of the day for us no other resort has compared to the fund that we have at temptation even post Reno.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I've been checking out the live cameras again recently, gearing up for my next visit. The expansion of the 'pay to sit here' options around the pool is a bit disheartening. By this point seating generally doesn't affect me since I spend 90% of my pool time in the water anyway, but it sort of hints that this Vegas-style instagram-ready vibe is what they are still 100% pushing for. At night, it looks like the dance floor is cleared out by 12:30am. I remember when it would be packed right up to when the music stopped, then you'd migrate over to the sports pool for after hours fun.
    My last visit (October 2021), there was so many tables reserved at night, you felt pushed into corners, less opportunity to mingle with like-minded people. Either you find someone who has credits and reserves a table, or you're left standing wherever there's a space. There was a hint of the old vibe still there (in the day), if you looked for it. I still struck up conversations with friendly strangers, still had a good time. Premier bar by the beach is a good spot. The hot tub was packed every afternoon. At night though, I felt like a spare part. Forced my way through the urge to just go to bed most nights, and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that any more. I think my strategy will change next trip. Calling it quits earlier at night, there's no fun to be had watching an empty dance floor. Party time has shifted to late afternoon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. AK&J

AK&J Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    I want to give a perspective as people who never knew pre-reno TTR, but have dove in head-first since last year. In Feb 2021, we had our first trip, loved it, bought premier, and we've been 8 times in total now (plus the cruise). We've gone as a couple, brought friends along, been during takeovers, 3 day trips, 7 day trips, etc. So I feel we have a good exposure to what Temptation has been like over the past couple years.

Most of our trips have been absolutely amazing, hilarious, sexy, met great friends, done crazy things, etc. A couple of the trips were just OK, didn't really connect with anyone, drinks were blah, didn't leave thinking "how soon can we come back?". I chalk it up to chance regarding what other people are there, which playmakers are working, how's the weather, how the drinks are, etc etc.

We do the theme nights and participate in whatever we can. We are similar to what you describe, want to be with nice people, wear revealing outfits, and party in a safe and fun environment. And currently we do find that to be the case on the majority of our trips. Sometimes you just have a big group of single men crowding the Bash bars, no one in theme outfits, and the trip isn't as great. I think it's sad that someone goes their first time and it happens to be one of these times, and they leave thinking the place sucks. Unfortunately, it's luck of the draw a bit. But overwhelmingly we enjoy it and keep going back!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Love it and we feel the same at the end of the day! Be there next week and will make it ours no matter what! :)

7. Desirable

Desirable Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    From our experience of being in the LS for 13 years with trips to Temptations, Desire, Pearl, Bliss Cruises, Private Villa Parties, Dirty Vegas and Sea Mountain (didn't realize we were this slutty until typing all of these out :D), this post sums up LS trips. The people can make or break the trip. You can be partying with the greatest people in the world and it doesn't matter how nice or accommodating the resort is. On the flip, you can be at the greatest resort with people you don't mesh with, and it is going to suck.

So the question I would love to pose to you all is, do you have any tips/tricks to make sure you're booking when fun people will be there?

Here's what we have tried in the past, and have had pretty good success with:
    -First we will check and see if there is a takeover. If it is, is it a takeover that we think we would enjoy? If not, we look at other resorts (this works well in Cancun since you have DRM, TTR and Pearl so close)
    -Do your best to eliminate expectations. The times we've been the most disappointed were the times we had the highest expectations. This one is hard to do but we try to minimize our expectations of the trip and just let the experiences happen
    -GET CREATIVE ON THEME NIGHTS! Some of our best nights have been when we thought outside of the box and spent time on our costumes. People want to talk to you when you "wow" them. If you don't love attention, then simply participate in theme nights. From our experience, you're for likely to get "judged" showing up in street clothes than you are even if you show up in a terrible theme night outfit ;)
    -We love group chats before a trip with strangers. Kik is the go to for this (even though we despise the apps interface). This gives people a chance to get to know each other before you arrive so you always have someone to say hi to! You will naturally find people you will want to chat with when you're together at a resort. It's also a good way to figure out who you don't want to talk to at the resort ;)

What else do you guys do that helps the chances of meeting awesome people on your trips?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    We just got back from TTR, and I think it was trip 15 for us, so we have quite a bit of time both pre-reno, and post reno to compare.

We're thinking TTR is turning into a weekend destination for many, and the weekend crowd is quite a bit different than the midweek crowd. Lots of new people showed up Friday, and were gone Sunday. It seems they are mostly there to be seen, but don't quite grasp the sexy vibe that made the place. It's definitely more of the Vegas type atmosphere, and far fewer topless women. At one point last Friday the only two topless women I could see were Stephanie and a friend we were there with. It seems many of the much younger women don't embrace that concept, and it's about being seen rather than mingling, and I'm not sure why. The only thing that saved it was when the Boobs Cruise rolled back in with 100 drunken sailors who stumbled their way into the pool and then it was back to the party as usual. That most definitely livened up the pool, and brought out more of the sexy and topless atmosphere. We also noticed almost none of the beds around the pool are actually rented. There were one or two at most each day, and the rest seem to do nothing other than take up space. The midweek crowd, in our opinion, is FAR better and sexier. They are there to participate in the sexy atmosphere and mingle, not make Instagram content. They get it. That's our crowd. Theme night participation was difficult to judge since it rained two nights.

The post above mentions going with takeover groups you feel might be a good fit. That's very good advice, and it's what we plan to do as well. However, we're likely to trim our TTR days since the value (crappy vegi-burgers instead of beef these days, and food that has taken a nose dive from the roof) and vibe isn't what it used to be. We'll split our TTR time with other resorts that do still embrace the sexy atmosphere. If we wanted Vegas, we would just go to Vegas. Did we have a good time? Sure! Best ever? That was a few years ago. It's still fun, but you have to pick your crowd.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. chuckandlisa

chuckandlisa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 1
    We book Sunday through Friday for those exact reasons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice