Few Questions...

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JRKK, May 9, 2022.

1. JRKK

JRKK Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are headed there in a week or so for 3 nights, never been (5/16-19). I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to...

What are the alcohol selections? Whiskeys, vodkas, etc. Are they premium or is there an option for better selections? We stayed at Desire last year and I was pleased. I like good whiskey, she likes Titos. Im a bit of a whiskey snob so I like good American whiskey, I can't stand scotch.

Is the Sky3.5 bar / pool a fun place? I have read a lot about it and it seems to have bad reviews. We have a tower room with access to it.

What are people's favorite restaurants on the resort?

How many people leave the resort to check out markets and other local things?

When people do room crawls, do people order room service for alcohol or buy from offsite? I love the idea of a room crawl, just never partaken so hard to have much of an idea.

What percentage of people would you all say are lifestyle vs others? I realize it doesn't matter completely, all it takes is a few fun people to make a good trip.

JRKK

2. C&LFlorida

C&LFlorida Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    I am sure that there will be more experienced visitors than me as we have only been once last year. As far as the drinks there is a wide selection however if you are particular I would try to pick yours up at the airport before you were on your way to the resort. The sky bar is quiet for the most part throughout the day and doesn’t seem to come alive until after 11 from my experience. With only a three day visit I would think you probably will never leave the resort there is quite a bit going on. Definitely dress and participate in the theme nights as it is a lot of fun. And the question of lifestyle versus not, I don’t have a lot of input. We were never approached although I did see several couples that were mingling pretty friendly a few times for sure. Of all of the places we have been around the world and in the states I definitely would say our visit there was the most fun and entertaining that we had been to as far as percentage of time versus others. Every day and night was energetic and a lot of participation and just a lot of fun. I hope that helps and you have a great time!!

3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 2
    What are the alcohol selections? Whiskeys (Jim Bean, or something similar quality that for non members), vodkas (Sky), etc. Are they premium or is there an option for better selections? No, not really. We stayed at Desire last year and I was pleased. I like good whiskey, she likes Titos. (you won't get the same quality booze at TTR vs DRM) Im a bit of a whiskey snob so I like good American whiskey, I can't stand scotch. Like C&LF Florida have commented, if you want t specific, whiskey or other drink (like Titos) then you may want to bring your own.

Is the Sky3.5 bar / pool a fun place? (Yes it's usually more chill, but it has a 5-star vibe, it gets busy on cool/rainy days) I have read a lot about it and it seems to have bad reviews. We have a tower room with access to it. May have the best food at the resort.

What are people's favorite restaurants on the resort? Just Depends, they all have positives and negatives, if you have been 5-star resorts in Mexico, you may be al little disappointed. We are not foodies and find it is fine. We do hear a lot of complaints about the quality of steak. With three nights 1)sea flirt, 2)asian, 3)italian.

How many people leave the resort to check out markets and other local things? Almost none. some bachelor parties disappear to Cancun for the nightlife when they realize that TTR is not a place to hook up.

When people do room crawls, do people order room service for alcohol or buy from offsite? I love the idea of a room crawl, just never partaken so hard to have much of an idea. Can't comment, never have done one.

What percentage of people would you all say are lifestyle vs others? (Again, this depends (week/events/crowd, etc)...a few years ago I'd guess maybe 60% to 70%, now maybe 30%) I realize it doesn't matter completely, all it takes is a few fun people to make a good trip. If a person is LS or interested in it, they should be able to find some like-minded friends, just wear some pineapple paraphernalia and start some innocent conversation.

TTR is a super fun and has a great atmosphere. It is different than Desire though.

4. C&LFlorida

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    Well said. I would add 1 more comment. Sea Flirt in the morning for breakfast. Their menu is awesome and sit outside overlooking the beach

5. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    How many people leave the resort to check out the markets and other local things? Many do but with a stay as short as yours I wouldn't plan anything. You will be having a great time and not want to miss anything. After a few visits or a longer stay you may want to go check out some sights.
    Is the Sky bar/ pool a fun place? We like it. But it's not our daily hang out. If you meet a couple or two that you would like to get to know better it is the perfect place to go sit in the hot tub and visit. If you need to just get away from the noise or crowd for an hour or two and reconnect with you hubby or just wind down a little it is perfect for that also. We have also had a few parties up with groups of three or four couples that were awesome, but it has to be the right group. You have to make your own fun there are no playmakers driving the party. It is often not crowded and the service is excellent at the bar. The food is good but they don't make it there so it takes a while to get once you order. If you want a quick bite and get back to the party it's not the right spot. If you want to go chill and hang out and get to know people for an hour or two it's a great place to have lunch. We hope they never change it. Also the view is amazing. At the very least go up order a drink and go out on the end and enjoy the view while you have your drink.

6. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    What percentage of people are lifestyle? If you are a very attractive young fit outgoing couple the percentage of lifestyle will be very high. If you are an average 40lbs overweight couple in your late 50s, most of the people you meet will just be there to party. But they will be very fun to party with.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. C&LFlorida

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    yes, everyone loves to party, but true enough, no one approached us either :(. Still the best time we've had at a resort!! We've booked Miches Grand for 2/28-3/5 2023

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  8. JRKK

JRKK Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much to all. Good info… I appreciate it very much.

9. calbossa

calbossa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Last time we were there it seemed like 90% were in the LS lol.
    Lots of good booze.
    To much fun to leave the resort lol.

10. JandMS

JandMS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 1
    alcohol - agree with all the answers above - if you have a strong preference, buy it (duty free or walmart or liquor store across the street) and bring it. The selections can sometime change day by day at any given bar. Premier members have some upscale brands, so you could always make friends with one and have them share, but the same inconsistency can be said for the premier bar. You can find the actual lists of brands on the website if you search.
    Sky3.5 - we love it, but depends on what your idea of "fun" is. It is way more chill - no playmakers, no games. You can have a conversation with someone 5 feet away, though sometimes they do crank the music loud. The view is great, there are usually chairs readily available. We find ourselves very frequently up there for late lunch, as the food is awesome. but yes, as someone mentioned, it will take a while to get, so give your servers 10-20 mins.
    Restaurants - we find the food good, not amazing, but we are veg-pescatarian. I've heard from many that the steaks aren't great. For us, the asian restaurant is great, but also like the italian. Definitely sea flirt for breakfast (assuming they aren't limiting it to members), but be prepared to wait a bit for made to order plates, and sometimes wait for a table.
    leaving resort - plenty of people do, and many posts asking about leaving the resort. We only ever leave to use the yacht (premier perk, goes around the lagoon and out to Isla Mujeres and back). Agree with comments that it is NEVER necessary and with only 3 days, I wouldn't suggest it. I always find it strange when someone says they went to dinner off resort or went to a club... the party is better staying, food and drinks are included (aka already paid for). If you have a bucket list to do some excursion and don't expect to come back, go for it.
    Lifestyle - % totally depends on the week... could be 30% could be 70%. This is almost as similar as how many women are topless... only with topless it's easier to see at a glance. ;) as with everywhere else, strike up a conversation, and if you are interested make polite inquiries. If it's a welcome advance, they will let you know. If you get rejected, politely move the conversation on and don't hold it against anyone. I would suggest that folks not in the lifestyle are still great fun to party with, perhaps in slightly different ways.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice